CHAPTER 32

"Say ahhh" the principal said raising the spoon filled with soup up to my lips but I didn't made any attempt to open my mouth.

"Will you stop that already" I said moving my head away.

I just woke up after fainting and since I don't want to sleep again, the principal suggested I should eat instead. I was feeling a bit hungry so I agreed to her offer. That is until she insisted that she will spoon-feed me after seeing me struggling to lift the spoon. I'm actually quite capable of feeding myself, it's just that my body felt a bit weak and tired right now.

She's been so eager to spoon-feed me until now because of that, she even tied my hair in a ponytail just so I could eat properly. I ate some like 3 spoons of soup but the longer it's keeps going that more uncomfortable and embarrassing it was for me.

"Come on. I know you can eat more than this Dawn" she insisted as she tries to feed me again but I kept refusing.

"Stop it okay. I'm not a baby. You don't need to spoon-feed me" I argued glaring at her.

"I just wanted to take care of you" she said softly putting the spoon back in the bowl. And now she's making me look like I'm the one who is at fault. It's not even helping that she's wearing such wounded look.

I groaned internally. Damn this. "Fine" her face immediately brightened like nothing happened at all. Is she seriously guilt-tripping me right now? Unbelievable. "But only this time" I warned her and she nodded her head eagerly smiling.

She began feeding me again. Then all of the sudden the door flung open just when I had the spoon of soup in my mouth. My eyes widened seeing manager, assistant manager and the twins witness this embarrassing moment that I immediately choked, spitting the spoon out along with the soup as I cough and eventually wince in pain feeling my stomach clench everytime I cough. The principal immediately gave me some water then cleaned my mess up while my unexpected visitors went to the other side of the bed.

"What are you all doing here?" I asked them once I've calmed myself down.

"I called them here" the principal interrupted.

"Which was really unexpected. How did you even get our personal contact numbers?" manager asked eyeing the principal suspiciously.

She shrugged "I have my ways"

"O...kay. That's kinda creepy" manager squinted her eyes at the principal and I swear if they argue here. I'll kick them all out.

The principal chuckled "don't get too confident with yourself. I only did that for Dawn" she replied bluntly.

Manager raised her eyebrow in amusement. But assistant manager slapped her arm to stop her from taunting the principal. "We heard that you got hospitalized because of what that man did to you" assistant manager said looking at me in concern.

The twins looked like they were about to hug me but due to my situation they have no choice but to stay still. "Does your stomach still hurts?" Mina asked.

"It does but I'm fine now" I replied and she nodded her head, relieved that nothing serious happened to me.

"You made us worry when you didn't came back in the bistro" Nina said.

"Were glad that you are fine" assistant manager said nodding her head at me. "We wouldn't have known if it wasn't for the principal so thank you" she turned to the principal who just nodded her head.

"Now that we know Dawn is fine. There's something I'm just curious about" manager started. I suddenly have a bad feeling about what she's going to ask next. "What was that we saw back there? Are you two exclusive now?"

I already expected her to ask me that but it still surprised me and it even made me choke in my saliva. As always the principal was there to help me, rubbing my back soothingly. "It's complicated" was all the principal said since I don't think I'm capable of saying anything at the meantime.

"Yeah right. Is that because you're still married?" Manager asked in a mocking manner.

"She's divorced now and we still haven't talked things out that's why it's still complicated" I interrupted catching them all off guard.

The room was then filled with deafening silence as if none of my words have sank in yet. I wasn't expecting myself to say that too, but it just felt like I had to. Maybe because I don't want them to keep misunderstanding the principal.

"Okay we get it. You don't need to be this upset. We're just asking."

I released a breath feeling my stomach throb a bit all of the sudden. I clenched my teeth when the throbbing started to hurt a bit.

"Dawn?" they called my name in unison but I was too busy trying to ease the pain that I didn't bother responding.

The door opened revealing the doctors and nurses. The principal must've said something to them to be rushing to my side. They piled on me, checking everything and that made me feel suffocated.

"Stop!" I hissed and they immediately moved away. "I'm okay" I added.

"We know Miss Martin but we just need to be sure that there's indeed nothing wrong" the doctor explained though I have a feeling that they are only doing all these because of the principal who keeps giving them a threatening look.

"Fine" I sighed letting them do what they have to just to get this over with. Once they're done and made sure that I was really fine they talked to the principal before leaving the room. "I was fine. Why did you have to make a big deal out of it?" I told the principal giving her a sharp look.

She went back to my side and gently wrapped me in a hug. "It's better to be extra careful since I don't want anything bad to happen to you" she said kissing my head.

"I get it. Was the glare even necessary back there? You didn't even need to scare them" I complained.

"It is if your safety is on the line" she retorted.

I was about to make a remark when someone cleared their throat causing me to break away from the principal. "We don't mean to interrupt your lovey-dovey moment but don't forget that we're still here" manager stated giving me a knowing look.

"That's unfair. Why does she get to hug Dawn?" Mina whined all of the sudden and Nina followed suit as well.

Assistant manager gave the twins a side eye who just pouted, obviously sulking. "Forget about them Dawn. We came here to visit and to make sure you're okay" she said. "We'll visit you again and if we can't we'll be sure to contact you" she added giving the principal a glance.

Before they left the twins made sure to give me hug. The manager gave me a pat on the shoulder while assistant manager just looked at me though I can tell that she's comforting me...at least in her own way.

Now we are back with just the two of us here. "What would you like to do?"

"Get out if this place" I replied.

She shook her head almost immediately. "Not gonna happen."

"I already expected that much" I mumbled which made her raise her eyebrows at me but all I gave her is a side-eye.

"Oh come on. Don't be like that. I'm still here. I'll keep you company" she said sitting back in the chair beside the bed.

"What about your work. Have you forgotten that you have an entire school to manage" I stated.

"They'll be fine. In fact I already informed the school beforehand that I have an important business to attend to that's why I won't be in school for a while though they are free to contact me in case there are emergencies" she explained smiling. "And believe it or not. You're also excused in school after you got into an accident"

My eyebrows furrowed "you surely thought this through"

"Exactly. That's why you should focus on your recovery and I'll be here. I won't leave your side"

"Okay. If you say so"