61

Excitement was the only feeling that Emmie could express as they pulled up to the apartment complex they would be staying in for the next few days

Excitement was the only feeling that Emmie could express as they pulled up to the apartment complex they would be staying in for the next few days. Intrigued was an understatement. Although Joe had partially explained why they had come to Paris, Emmie had tried to connect the dots and assumed it had something to do with Valentine's Day being the following morning.

She had always believed that Paris was the city of romance. And something she knew so well- was that Joe loved love. So it would be no surprise if he had the whole trip planned out from start to finish. And of course the girls had their predictions once they had found out Emmie and Joe wouldn't be returning to New York straight away.

The couple stood in front of the tall building, standing at least five stories high. The walls were a modern off white colour, with large double windows and black railings to decorate. Emmie couldn't help but smile at the thought of Joe putting in the effort to make sure it was perfect. He had always been the type to appreciate the scenery and accommodation of each place they chose to visit.

Joe lead her into the building and inside the rooms that would be theirs for the long weekend. Emmie's eyes sparkled as the door swung open, revealing the most beautiful apartment she had ever seen.

The minimalist interior had made its way inside, continuing the modern look that had peaked her interest. Everything was perfectly in place, daylight flooding the room through the large double doors that clearly lead to smaller balcony. The area was extremely spacious, even though the furniture filled every wall. A large round coffee table stood in the center of a woven rug, surrounded by two L-shaped couches, facing the windows.

Through another set of open doors, Emmie caught glance of the bedroom, and she instantly fell in love. A golden glow soaked up the room, giving off a warm feeling. The bedsheets were thrown over the bed neatly, followed by a chunky knitted blanket, but not tight enough to look uncomfortable. Many vases of flowers decorated each room, and paintings hung upon the walls, splashing a little colour into the space.

She felt it was almost too good to be true. As Emmie stepped further into the room her eyes finally fell upon the windows that looked over the city. From one side she followed the streets below, chatter and the bustle of traffic muffled through the glass. And from the other, in the mere distance, she noticed a familiar landmark that she had only dreamed of visiting.

"It's so beautiful." She let out a a breathy whisper, still in awe of her surroundings.

Joe chuckled in response, his fingers still intertwined with hers as he slowly followed her around the apartment.

"I hoped you would think so." He grinned, "I wanted our stay to be memorable."

Emmie turned to face him with a smile, already guessing he had plans that she had yet to find out about.

"So whats on the agenda this weekend?" She giggled, watching as his eyes lit up at the question.

"Well I thought we could spend some time downtown tomorrow? Maybe go and visit somewhere more romantic?" He suggested, nodding towards the window where a clear view of the Eiffel Tower stood tall.