16

Twenty minutes later, the two of them were dancing around the kitchen, music blasting as they threw whatever liquids they felt were needed in a mimosa. Ingredients were scattered everywhere. Emmie was even sure that Joe had been sneaking shots of random alcohol here and there.

"You're doing it all wrong." Joe let out a laugh, placing a hand in Emmie's shoulder.

He watched as she poured a mix of different juices into her glass of champagne.

"Says you." Emmie shot back with a sarcastic grin. "Yours has barely any flavour."

"And yours has barely any alcohol in it." Joe argues. He reaches for the bottle of champagne, leaning over as he quickly pours more of the drink into her glass. Emmie gasps in shock, wrapping her own hand around the bottle to stop him from making a mess.

"There we go." Joe smiles smugly.

"Joe!" Emmie whined, pouting at him. "You ruined my drink."

Joe shook his head.

"It's not a mimosa without alcohol." He affirmed, smirking at the girl stood beside him. "Here, try it."

He grabbed Emmie's glass, stepping towards her. He held the glass up to her lips, titling her chin up slightly so she could drink it properly. Emmie instantly screwed her face up, disgusted by the taste. She pushed the glass away, almost choking whilst Joe ended up in a fit of giggles.

"That's not a mimosa." She coughed out. "That's pure alcohol."

"Shh." Joe hushes her, pressing his finger to her lips. He takes a rather large gulp of his own drink, finishing off his glass.

Emmie reached for her drink, which Joe had now ruined. She pushed back her hair, deciding to take a few mouthfuls. The burning sensation hit her throat seconds later, causing her to glare Joe.

"What did you put in this?"

Joe chuckled once more.

"I may have added a few shots of tequila, when you weren't looking." He admitted, the pitch of his voice raising slightly.

Emmie's eyes widen, placing her glass back down onto the counter. She watches as Joe snickers to himself.

"If you wanted to get me drunk, you should've just said so." Emmie teased.

Joe leans forward, their faces level and only a few inches apart.

"Wanna get drunk?" He whispered, winking at her.

"I have work in the morning." She whispered back.

"One drink." Joe pleaded, looking her up and down.

"You, Joe Jonas, are a bad influence." Emmie shook her head as she began to fill their glasses up once more.

The music continued to play in the background, the song changing every few minutes until Joe was satisfied. This particular song was slightly slower than the previous one, causing him to smirk to himself, before looking over at the blonde.

"Dance with me?" He grinned.

Emmie raised her eyebrows, shaking her head. She knew he had been drinking so he was probably already tipsy. Since meeting him, she had come to realise that Joe had always been an outgoing person. He was always down for a good time. She would guess that's why they got on so well.

"Didn't you learn from last time?" She laughed. "I don't dance."

"C'mon." He pouted, reaching for her hand.

Emmie huffed, but smiled all the same. She let Joe lead her to the open space in the kitchen as the song continued to play. He spun her around, with a laugh, watching her face light up. Joe placed both hands gently on her waist. Emmie felt awkward for a second, not knowing what to do. But Joe quickly made her feel comfortable. She wrapped her arms around his neck, looking up at him to find his brown eyes staring back at her. A soft smile on his face as he did so.