46

Flying home and going back to reality was bittersweet. Spending the past week in another country surrounded by her closest friends had given Emmie some of the best memories possible. She was due back to work in two days, but that didn't stop her from reminiscing the amazing time she endured over the week.

The time spent together, had bought her closer to the girls. They'd had many days, just the three of them, until the boys would decide it would be better to ruin their fun. She knew she had made lifelong friends with the two of them, and she was glad.

She had watched Joe grow closer to his brothers, watching him become happier as the week progressed. She had spent time with Kevin and Nick, realising how carefree they really were, and how much she actually enjoyed their company.

But most of all, she had found her forever person. Joe had shown her that he was all about her, no matter what. They had spent endless days, just the two of them. Whether it be the little things about him that made her smile, or the way he put all his effort into making her happy, she appreciated him more than anyone else.

The plane ride home was a lot quieter than the journey there, considering that the events of the previous days had entirely worn them out. Nick lie back in his seat, scribbling notes down into a book, whilst Priyanka rested her head on his shoulder, glancing up at him every now and then.

Kevin and Danielle were deep in conversation, although their voices were soft as the night got later, not wanting to cause any loud commotion.

Emmie nestled against Joe's chest, watching as he scrolled through multiple photos on his phone, a smile forming whenever the two of them would appear on the screen.

"It's been a good week." She spoke softly, looking up to catch his eye. Joe smiled, his eyes sparkling.

"It definitely has." He agreed, his voice almost a whisper. "I'm glad you joined us."

Emmie couldn't help but let her smile plaster her face. Her hand unconsciously reached for his, stroking the back of it with her fingertips, before intwining them. She glanced across the across the space, her eyes wandering over to Nick, watching as he continued to write in his book. She guessed it was probably song lyrics, knowing that he always had a mind full of new lines.

She wondered if Joe would finally have the courage to explain how he really felt about the band reuniting. It had been spoken about many times over their vacation, yet Joe still hadn't made the move to explain what he wanted. She hoped he would, knowing that he would feel happier with new music to focus on.

"What are you thinking about?" Joe broke her away from her daze, noticing her deep in thought.

"Are you going to tell him?" She asked, keeping her voice low, as she gestured towards his brother.

Joe shrugged, screwing his face up a little as he debated it. He looked at Nick for a split second, before looking down at their hands.

"Maybe? I don't know yet."

"I think you should." Emmie suggested, "He'd really appreciate it."

"I'll think about it." Joe nodded, glancing back down at her. "But enough about everyone else. I only want to think about us."

Emmie smiled warmly, but was cut short by a yawn that escaped. Joe raised his eyebrows with a low chuckle.

"You tired?" He quizzed, wrapping his arm around her, "Go to sleep if you want?"

"No, I'm okay." She shook her head, although she could feel her eyes getting heavier by the minute. But she would refuse to sleep.

She diverted her eyes to the window, in attempt to distract herself. Although the view was mostly dark, considering it was nighttime, she could see a glisten of lights up ahead as they drew closer.