44

By the time they arrived back at villa, the morning was bright, and the sky was clear. Sand clung between their toes, as they walked barefoot along the stone steps that led to the side of the building. Joe opened the small gate that invited them into the outdoor kitchen setting. The smell of breakfast lingered in the air, as sounds of people shuffling around inside could be heard.

Priyanka was the first one to spot them as they entered the room. She sent Emmie a mischievous grin, but didn't say anything to give them away. It wasn't until Kevin wandered into the room, that their arrival was announced.

"There you are." He smirked, strolling towards them, shuffling between the two, wrapping his arms around each of their shoulders. "We wondered when you'd be back."

"We?" Emmie questioned. Kevin glanced at her, nodding with a grin.

"Don't think I didn't hear you two trying to sneak out this morning." He told her with a low voice, "Don't get me wrong- it was a good attempt. But maybe next time, just be a little quieter."

Joe smirked as he watched his brother gesture to them. He knew they hadn't been the best at leaving that morning, so it was no doubt Kevin had heard them. He shook his head with a smile, before Kevin turned to face him instead.

"Anyway, we have some brotherly brunch to attend to." He nudged Joe. "So maybe you should shower? Your feet are looking a bit on the crusty side."

Joe looked down at his own feet, and back up to Kevin with a scoff.

"It's sand." He told him in disbelief, pointing down at the floor. Kevin shook his head as he let out a chuckle.

"I'll see you in a bit." He winked, before letting go of the two of them and wandering back inside.

Joe glanced at Emmie, who smiled at him, trying not to let out a laugh as she processed what had just happened.

"Did he really just say that." Joe questioned, eyebrows raised.

"He did." Emmie confirmed. "C'mon, I think we both need to clean up." She smiled looking down at the state of both of them. Joe pouted at her, but followed her lead through the villa.

"You'll be alright here?" Joe asked, throwing a shirt over his head, his hair still damp from his shower, forming perfect curls.

"Of course." Emmie reassured him, "I've got the girls. And I have a few things I need to do anyway."

"Like, shower?" Joe smirked, catching her eye. She frowned at him, but he could tell she was just messing. Joe took a few steps towards her, leaning down as she sat on the edge of the bed.

"Very funny." She mumbled, reaching up to place her hand on his jaw. Joe smiled at her, letting her fingers trace the outline of his face. After breaking away from his daze, he placed a kiss on her forehead, before heading back to the mirror to get himself ready.

"You look good in that shirt." Emmie told him as he walked away. Joe smirked to himself before turning around to face her again. His eyebrows were raised as a a playful expression plastered his face.

"What?" She shrugged, "Just saying."

He kept his eyes locked on hers, running a hand through his hair as he smiled.

"Don't start with the flirty comments, just as I'm about to leave." He teased.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Emmie played along, watching as he stepped closer, just as he had done before.

"I know exactly what you're trying to do." He spoke in a low voice. He reached out for her hands, pulling her off the bed and onto her feet in front of him. Emmie loosely hung her arms around his neck, smiling up at him. His eyes scanned her face slowly, wandering over every feature.