The indications

I got a great job opportunity, but it was out of town, which meant I had to move. I thought about staying, but I also wanted to take the chance. It meant I would have to uproot what I had already planted. Maybe it was a sign that I needed a change of environment. I decided to take the job and would start working in about two and a half months.

I surfed around on the internet to see if I could find any pet friendly apartments. After a bit, I found an apartment with a small private garden. It was also pet friendly. It was too good to be true. All the signs were telling me to get up and move, so I did. I applied a request to rent the apartment. I kept looking for a back up incase they would reject my request. I found another pet friendly apartment, it had a little bigger space but there wasn't a garden. I had that one for backup, and then, if neither worked out, I would just have to figure something else out.
I had around two months or so to move out, so hopefully, they would accept my request.

- - -

After I got home from grocery shopping, I saw I had a notification in my email. I read the email to see that they accepted my request for the first apartment! I jumped with excitement, and Enzo joined me in my shenanigans. He was just happy to be there.

They wrote that I could get the keys and move in on the 6th of April. Just a month away. I had already started packing little in preparation, so it wouldn't be overwhelming when I actually had to move. I also texted my friends that I needed all hands on deck to help me move next month.

- - -

It's moving day today. I already got the keys and looked at the apartment. It's small but it's perfect for me and Enzo. Three of my friends showed up and helped me move all the boxes around and put them in the car.
We arrived and moved most of the boxes inside and took a little tea break, water for me, though.

We finished moving everything around, and they also helped me unbox most of the essentials. We were exhausted by the end of the day and ordered some pizza. They left soon after.

Me and Enzo and I had a little dance celebration together after everyone left. I didn't even consider that we forgot to hang up the curtains. I was too tired, so it didn't concern me in my sleepy state. We hadn't yet set up the bed frame, so I just slept on the mattress on the floor. When I woke up, Enzo wasn't in bed with me like he usually would be. I got up and went to look for him. I found him staring through the back door window that opened to the yard. I looked out to see what he was staring at and saw nothing, so I assumed he needed to go out to pee. I opened the door, and he ran out towards the fence and started barking at the fence.

The fence was pretty high, even taller than me, so I he must have smelled something on the other side of it. I told Enzo to get back inside. He didn't budge, so I just picked him up like a baby and carried him inside. He was so heavy, but I had to do it so he would stop barking.

I had tried training him, but he was just too stubborn and didn't get what I was doing. I had been sending him to a trainer on the weekends. He barked a lot less after just a few sessions, and he became even more of a baby than before.

I already quit my old job and I had about half a month till my next job would start. To kill some time, I went on a long walk with Enzo around the town trying to get to know the place, even though I would definitely forget the way around things without the using a map on my phone.

We got back to the apartment, and I started finishing unpacking. There wasn't a lot left, so it went by quickly. I noticed Enzo was staring through the back door's window again. He was standing on his hindlegs to look at something outside. His eyes were stuck on something particular. I looked out again, and I noticed nothing. I let him out, thinking he was just being weird and doing dog stuff, like looking at nothing and scaring the life out of me.

He ran to the same spot he had been barking at before. He didn't bark this time. However, instead, he just sniffed and stared intensly at the fence. I left him out there for a few minutes while I grabbed a snack from the kitchen. I went out to the yard and saw he was sniffing something on the ground now. I pushed him a little to the side to see what it was. No, it can't be.