Poisons and remedies

We were back in that dreadful cabin. I was crying eyes out, and I had an awful headache. He still hadn't loosened his grip on my hand even though we were inside the cabin now. He gave me a frightening stare that terrified me. His eyes were no longer beaming with moonlight but with fire and havoc. My heart was racing as I wondered what he was capable of in this state.

"Everything I've done is for you, Evelyn. Does it all mean nothing to you!?" He shouted at me. I could barely catch my breath anymore. "I-I can't-". He let go of me, dropping me down to the floor. I struggled to get up as I was getting dizzy. I laid on my back and wasn't sure what was happening around me anymore. The room was spinning. I tried to focus and not panick, failing miserably. I turned to my side and tried to sit up. My vision was still blurry, but I felt a little less dizzy. I couldn't stop thinking about his next move. Would I be stuck here now. He's never going to let me go, not again.

- - -

I don't remember anything. I don't know what happened. I just knew I was on the floor and everything was blurry and I was dizzy. I didn't pass out, I think. I don't remember. I was in back in bed. I had a cold, wet towl on my head. The headache I had before was still there. I laid there staring up at the ceiling. I didn't feel time passing anymore.

I must have been like that for about 10 minutes or an hour, I couldn't tell the difference. The door opened, and I heard the floor creak under his steps. He sat down at the end of the bed and asked me how I was doing. I felt like hell, but I didn't say that. Instead, I just stared up.

I imagined the ceiling was full of stars until there was a big meteorite that blew everything up, and all the stars exploded and faded away into dust particles.

Damien left and came back with a glass of water. He told me to sit up, so I did. He handed me a pill with a glass of water. I took both and swallowed the pill, hoping it was poison. He told me I had stopped responding, and my heartbeat was irregular. He put me to bed and noticed that my head was searing hot, so he put the towel in hopes it would cool me down. He wasn't exactly sure what was wrong with me.

He held my hand and looked at me with worry and sorrow. It was at that moment that I decided I had nothing left in me to fight.
It was just me and him. My last chance of hope was to give him what he wanted, what he had been seeking for all those years. He wanted me, my love, affection, and happiness. I'll give it to him, regrettingly.