Despondent expedition

I woke up, and I was already in bed again. The pain in my leg was horrible. It felt like it had just gotten worse at this point. I didn't want to just lay there and wait for however long, so I tried to sit up and get to the door. I hopped on one leg and opened the door. He didn't lock it this time. He must have expected me to wait for him. I saw he was standing in the kitchen making some something. It smelled delicious. I couldn't exactly see what he was making there, but i knew what it was but couldn't exactly pinpoint what.

He didn't seem to notice that I was standing in the doorway. I said to him good morning. He froze for a second and turned to look at me but looked down at the floor and turned back to what he was doing before. "You should be in bed." he said.
I explained to him that I couldn't be there all day and do nothing. My thoughts imprisoned me. Haunting how frightening they could be. You can't keep hopping around on one leg, he claimed. But I can, and I did.

I sat down by the kitchen table and looked at my leg. Did he change the bandages. They looked fresh. That must be why I had that sharp pain again. He probably poured that burning liquid that hurt so much. He put a plate in front of me.

He had made pancakes. That was what I had been smelling. He asked if I wanted painkillers. I was lost in the taste of the flavorsome pancakes and had forgotten how much pain my leg was in. I felt happy for a few moments, forgetting the circumstances I was in, and floated away into a cloud of pancake dreamy delicacy. He noticed my distance and left to his room. I spent the longest time enjoying each bite like it would be my last.

I finished my pancakes. He was still in his room. I needed a shower, so I just went back to my designated room and got the other summer dress. It was light blue and had little embroidery around its bottom hem. I went into the bathroom. I took a long shower.

After I finished, I tried my best to ignore the pain in my leg and put my hair into a nice neat bun. When I opened the door, he was still inside his room. I had to sit down before my right leg would also give up on me.
I hopped into the living room and sat on the couch. I slowly sank into the couch as it was consuming me.

I started wondering if Ethan would be looking for me now. I felt it strange of him that he wouldn't have followed me. Maybe he really hates me now, but I had to get him away from me for his own safety. I should have never gotten to meet up with him again.

I was so bored that the pain in my leg was my entertainment. It kept me distracted from what had happened the day before. The door to Damien's room was slightly ajar, so I decided to check on what he was up to in there anyway. I tried to stay as quiet as I could and dragged myself to his door, peeking inside to see if he was there. He was gone. He must have left when I was taking a shower.

I decided this was my chance to snoop around and see what he had hiding in the room. There was a big closet and an old desk. There were all kinds of photographs scattered across the whole desk. Many of them in black and white. I was more curious where he kept his keys, especially where he put his car keys. I started opening the drawers on the desk.
There were so many drawers I couldn't count them all in my haste pase.

I found a drawer filled with jewelry, a woman's jewels specifically. I ignored it and kept looking for the keys. I didn't find any, so I went over into the closet and started scouring around for the keys in there to no avail. I didn't find anything but clothes. I tried patting down some of the pockets, and all of them were empty. I had only one more place to look, and that was in the nightstands. I opened the first nightstand and it was empty.

I sat down on the bed feeling pessimistic. I opened the drawer on the second nightstand and saw that it was empty too, except for that, he had left one of his roses in it.
Black ribbon around its stem to choke it.
It's thorns cut off to let it bleed out it's sorrows.
I examined it in my hands, wondering how long I had left. Just like the rose, I was suffocating and beelding out. Literally and figuratively. There was a knock on the door, and I quickly looked to the doorway where Damien stood. He smiled and asked if I had found what I was looking for. I looked back at the rose and placed it back in the drawer, and closed it.
"No, nothing yet" I answered him. I stood up, and he came over and helped me walk out into the living room, and I sat down on the couch. He sat down next to me. I wondered if he had been there the whole time and let me snoop around intentionally.