ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 32

꧁✧✧✧꧂

꧁✧✧✧꧂

𝕽egulus somewhat smiles into his book when he hears a loud huff of exasperation.

He doesn't look up, doesn't have to, there's only one being out of the four billion existing on the planet that can huff with so much potency and severity. He can practically taste the smoke fumes radiating off her on his tongue this very second. Sour, harsh, plenty enough to take his breath away and induce a ten minute coughing fit until water comes to the rescue.

Rubbing the browning paper corner between his thumb and forefinger, he asks in a state of nonchalance,

"Who's got your knickers in a twist this time?"

"Don't you talk about my knickers. They're completely off limits to your mouth"

Regulus blinks, apparently feeling rather Gryffindorish today, because before he even had the chance to comprehend what he was saying, the words were rolling off his tongue, bold and daring,

"Good day to have fingers then"

The alarming noise of choking rushes to his ears, alerting Regulus to the somehow missed detail that the Gryffindor wasn't here alone. Across the table, eyes watery and cheeks flushed, Hestia gasps for air, looking pleadingly to Romie when Pandora's gentle pats on the back didn't have the desired effect of relief. Like the caring friend she is, Romie stands and makes her way over to the other side, giving one, big wallop to the Hufflepuff's back, putting a stop to the awfully short passing to Death.

She rasps what sounds like a thanks and Romie slumps back into her chair again, muttering under her breath whilst rolling her eyes. Regulus manages to pick out bits and pieces, stopping after hearing the swap from boys to horny beasts with only one thing on their minds. He sends what he hopes looks like an apologetic glance to the recovered Hufflepuff, focus returning back to Romie when Hestia meekly waved him off.

Something awkwardly tugs behind his navel upon the discovery of what's grabbed her attention. Almost thoughtfully, appraisingly, those eyes of glowing violet are staring at his hands. His fingers to be specific. After a couple of minutes, she breathes out quietly, confessing as she meets his eye,

"I don't think I'm a hands girl. Good try though, Black"

They're most definitely not at the bottom of the list, Romie accepts that hands, ring clad hands, slender hands, veiny hands, are fairly attractive. But the strength, the power they hold sometimes puts her a little on edge, she's not sure how she feels that she could be pinned down by just one of them. Some girls find it ridiculously hot, perhaps if Romie's past hadn't been her past, she might belong to that some too.

Regulus shrugs, acting like one of the boys she named horny beasts with only one thing on their minds,

"Not running out of options here, Lupin"