ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 45

꧁✧✧✧꧂

꧁✧✧✧꧂

𝕽omie's sigh is one of contentment.

She and the rest of the participating sixth years had just finished their weekly Saturday Morning Apparition class, freeing up the rest of the day. Hestia had been kidnapped for a spontaneous date, details to be divulged later, and Evan and Barty had been held behind by a murderous looking McGonagall, severely unamused at their hoop moving shenanigans. Leaving just three.

Whilst Romie's original plans entailed cooping up in the library, finishing the potions work missed and possibly delving into her life's dedication, she compromised once making out the pixie dust like sparkle in Pandora's eyes. Joy, excitement, longing. Longing to join the rest of Hogwarts' pupils outside amid the castle's grounds, basking in the sneaky preview of the orchestral songs of Spring.

The dreamy Ravenclaw lounges in the vicinity of the couple, rather inseparable of late. And touchy. On his back, Regulus rests, hefty feet close to Pandora's pastel blue painted fingers, a danger a stark contrast to the safe and sound positioning of his head. In Romie's lap. It's a win, win because whilst he gets a wonderful headrest, she gets a platform stand for her book. And an added bonus felt on both parts, Romie gets to play with his hair, and Regulus gets his hair played with.

Contentment indeed.

The Slytherin doesn't open his eyes when there's a familiar swishing sound of footsteps approaching, quite confident in the Gryffindor's abilities to deal with efficiently any interloper.

"Hey! There they are"

Romie snorts at the blatant displeasure etching across Regulus' face lickety-split, tipping back her head to smile at sunshine in human form.

"Here we are"

James gladly takes that as an invitation to proceed further, eyebrows plunging to his hairline at the impressively spread starfish silhouette of Pandora,

"That looks fun!"

He flops down on Romie's left, in a sitting pose, blasting out all four limbs to mimic the girl. Regulus grunts when he receives a strong blow to the knee, snapping open his eyes to see to it James receives and understands the message that the sole reason he's not being thrown back several feet is because he doesn't fancy moving any time soon.

James grins sheepishly and holds up his hands, apologising, "Sorry, Reggie"

"Do not call me Reggie" He orders darkly, touching, grasping the end of his rope when James nods, saying mischievously,

"Noted, Reggie"

He rolls his head inward to Romie, through his eyes, showing what will happen in the next two minutes or so if she doesn't intervene this very second. His inflated exasperation dwindles slightly, deciphering what the equally dark glint in her eye means. Seeing that, him in action wouldn't particularly be something she's against. But this is James, the boy with an ego the size of the lake but a heart of pure gold to match it.