ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33

꧁✧✧✧꧂

꧁✧✧✧꧂

𝕾hutting the door, Romie turns around, stopping in her tracks at what she sees.

In the middle of the dorm, sitting cross legged on the fancy pine green rug no doubt there to prevent frostbite toes on cold, crisp mornings, her two best friends. Smiling. They're smiling, beaming really, excited ones like they can hardly contain their feelings desperate to burst out of them. It's a touch too much to be ascribed to they're finally having their well overdue girls night, something else most definitely playing a part in whatever's got them like this.

Feeling suspicious and quite frankly disturbed, Romie glances between them, asking bluntly,

"What?"

Hestia shakes her head but her smile doesn't fade one bit, patting the spot in front of her in invitation,

"Nothing! Come join"

Disregarding their odd antics, Romie quickly accepts, walking over and plopping down where Hestia's hand had been. Once unfolding her spindly limbs into a comfortable position, she considers Pandora, speaking without much thought. They're all close knit best friends, have been since first year when they were swallowed up by their billowing robes and wore a total of fifteen stripes on their ties, holding back and treading carefully isn't necessary. A waste of time.

"So this grounding thing at Sunrise, will it just be your feet bare or more?"

Hestia's hand immediately flies up, muffling the gasp and rush of giggles that swiftly follow when a dusty pink colour is detected on Pandora's otherwise porcelain cheeks. Her misty eyes shimmer and shine when she shrugs and murmurs honestly,

"Well, just feet is what's planned but who knows what might happen"

"Yes, because nothing else says connecting to nature like a shag in the forest whilst the sun's coming up" Romie teases, quirking a brow when Hestia rounds on her, chocolate eyes as wide as bludgers,

"You can't talk much after that little interaction earlier! Helga, I thought we were going to have to leave you two alone!"

Pandora nods largely in agreement, scrunching up Romie's features tight. They relax again to their natural resting state when a psh sound passes through her glossy lips, hand flourishing dramatically in the air,

"Oh please, that was all him. He's probably pent up and frustrated he has to play priest for a while"

"If you say so, Romie" Hestia hums, not entirely convinced, yet not burrowing any deeper on the topic.

It's one of Romie's favourite things about the girl, the natural ability she possesses to know when things need to be left be and to stop pushing. The complete opposite than the likes of the pesky Marauder boys, who wouldn't know what that was if it hit them square on the nose and relentlessly squealed the attribute over and over. A faint smile etches across her mouth when without another second's thought, the Hufflepuff jumps headfirst into all things Amelia Bones, looking so wonderfully happy Romie's chest feels warm.