ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 81

꧁✧✧✧꧂

꧁✧✧✧꧂

"— 𝕬ND TO THINK I CONSIDERED YOU ONE OF US — A MARAUDER —"

Ouch, Romie's going to have a difficult time recovering from that emotional blow. In fact, she fears she just might never be the same again, her whole life over as she casually takes another bite of buttery toast.

The entirety of the usually bustling Great Hall is silent bar the occasional snorts and giggles as they listen to James over-the-top Potter's howler. Romie suspected making the year without receiving, at the minimum, one of the notorious envelopes a hot berry red would be a likely story, she atleast hoped to be further along.

Wishful thinking. Something tells her any of the waggish boys at any given time would quite happily post a howler with her name on it for just about anything. Something tells her this is the epitome of getting the show on the road. And what a show it is.

"— She'll barely touch me now! A man has needs, and those needs are not being met thanks to you, you bloody Roman Cockblocker—"

Chocolate eyes growing as wide as saucers, Hestia peers down the long table's length to the broad collection of meek first years as green as grass, all ears. There's no doubt by lunch the unofficially decided word of the week will be cockblocker. She prays that decisions made on the grounds of the silly sound, not the dirty meaning.

Regulus rubs his lips free of the water he's just sipped, leaning into Romie to say, "Well if he wasn't getting any before, he definitely won't be now when this gets back to Evans"

A concurring hum sounds from Romie, imagining discreet and low key favouring Lily Evans won't take too kindly to her big mouthed boyfriend enlightening Hogwarts, students, staff, ghosts and all, about their sex life. Or lack of. At this rate, James will assume the role of cockblocker himself.

"Blimey, his dry spell's going to end up longer than yours, Reg" Evan chirps cheekily across the table, grinning toothily to the flat look shot back at him in return.

His glee doesn't last long, grin wiping clean off his colour draining face when Romie joins in the shots fired, warning,

"I'd button it if I were you, unless you want to remind me of your little shenanigans"

To be specific, the little house tie swapping shenanigans she's yet to chew them up and spit them out for. Regulus looks smugly to both his silenced friends scared stiff, aware Romie Lupin isn't one to hand out threats she has no intentions of following through. To the fullest extent. He scoots closer to the fierce lump of his, small smile turning wry at the corners when she affirms,

"Only I can take the piss out of you"

"You'll give me toothache if you don't stop" He deadpans, barely stifling an eye roll when Romie merely lifts the toast triangle back to her mouth, replying,