17. Ball

My eyes tighten as I grip my ears, tears streaming down my face. "Shira?" Sepher asks, his expression softening as my eyes release their hold slightly. "Kallias, could you please give us some privacy?"

"Okay," Kallias said as she left the chambers. "Shira, it's just me. Can you please open your eyes?

As I gaze at Sepher's face, I let out a sigh and try to take a deep breath to calm myself. However, my efforts are in vain, and the sigh escapes my lips even louder. Sepher notices my distress and pulls me close to comfort me. "I'm sorry."

Later

I lay on the sofa, opening up my book, as Sepher supervises me with a grin on his lips.

"I was wondering if we could host a ball?"

"Your brother just died—"

A sigh slips from my lips. I know—

"—it's not a good idea.", Sepher continues. What the kingdom needs is stability. "I'll ask the sovereign for a second sentiment[opinion]."

"Shira?", Sepher replies in a soft tone, causing my eyes to pivot towards him. "I'm just worried."

"I know—but I know what is best for me, and I want to host a royal ball."

Sepher let out a deep sigh and walked out of the bochord{libary}

Royal Ball

"We're having a royal ball!" Kallias exclaims with a grin while the maids tighten my corset. "It'll be splendid."

The maids help me put on a puffy blue dress by binding the laces around each component and fixing up the sleeves. They also position silk blue gloves over my hands, stopping around my elbows, and place dangling diamond blue earrings onto my delicate ears. Then, they change my white slippers to glass blue heels and style my locs in a brooch before adding white ribbons to it.

 Then, they change my white slippers to glass blue heels and style my locs in a brooch before adding white ribbons to it

Kallias

I watch as the maids dress Shira, and I wait for them to do the same for me. She looks splendid, but I can't help feeling jealous. Everything belongs to her: the palace, the king, even Sepher. She has everything, and everyone loves her. I love her too, but she'll never realize it. I left my home to be with her, and sometimes I can't help but resent her for it.

The maids move onto my attire and dress me in a tight green dress, that has a flowy look on the bottom. The design was spread with other layers surrounding it and was so magnificent, so beautifully made.