2. Mission

My feet softly stride out of the king's presence, my fingers grazing Sepher's before they're out of grasp.

"Excuse me."

My hands move, as mystical creatures form around me. What am I doing? I can't be avoiding my husband— because of him. Not Aga-
Sepher stands in front of me, his hands hovering around my neck as he hesitates to touch me. With his head resting on my shoulder, he asks in a soft tone, "Princess, is there a reason why you're avoiding me?"

Before I could utter a word, he grasped my wrist, pushing my body, towards a wall, his voice became low, and his face curled into a plead, inches away from mine. How I wish, it was different. I wish the gods could preserve me from this pain. Why can't it just be us? Just kiss me, please. "Please, don't go.", Sepher pleads.

"Shira?"

My ears extend towards the voice. The king. Sepher sighs sarcastically. "Duty calls."

"I'm sorry."

I roam away from him, into the arms of the king.

• After

My eyes land on Sepher and the fairies lying in the garden. Their golden skin glows as they moan in pain. Suddenly, I exclaim, "Oh my God! What's wrong?"

"Our realms are losing their magic, it's a curse.", Sepher declares.

"No one has magic," proclaimed the diamond-blue fairy. "No one?" I asked as fire flowed from my hand. "You have magic?"

"Yes."

"Princess, you can break the curse.", Sepher says. "Me?"

"I cannot. My duties— "

"The king will oversee them."

"But—"

"You are the only one who can help. You're the chosen one."

• Mission

"How do we wipe out a curse?"

"We must find the realm of magic," Sepher explains, "it holds all of Astrea's resources - the key."

"After you," I say, gesturing for Sepher to climb onto Azul, the dragon, before following him. The dragon takes off and we soar through the skies, the ride was quiet and awkward. Until Sepher breaks the silence. "How is the king?" he asks, his leg brushing against mine. I quickly secured our legs to avoid any mishaps during the flight.

"Stop"

"Stop what?"

"Stop, everything. Stop looking at me, stop touching me, stop finding ways to be near me. Just sto—"

"Do you think I want to look at you? I would give anything not to look at you! Yet, I can't let you go. You're the only one I want. No one else should have you."

A subtle giggle slips through my lips, as my hands sheathe my face in a groan. "I hate you!"

Sepher chuckles. "You want me—", he says softly, his hands extending towards my upper back. "—and it's killing you."

To Be Continued...