14. Survival

Abruptly my body collapses on the ground, and my sights are met with a pixie, sword in hand. Cute

"I thought pixies were fair."

"Faires are good. We aren't fairies.", the pixie says, releasing pixie dust. Fuck!

My legs attempt to scurry away, but trip over a log, blood rushing all over my dress. Fuck!

• Sepher

My eyes darken watching the pain Shira goes through. Her legs were bloody, as she struggled to run away. And I can't do anything to help her.

"There must be a way!"

"It's an orb! We can't go in.", Kallias says, agitated at the amount of times, I've articulated this. She'll die if we don't find her. Her soul will be failed, and Shira will forever be gone. I choose to love her in silence, in loneliness, adore from a distance. I choose to hold you in my dreams, for in my dreams, you have no end. But now when we finally have a chance, you are too far out of grasp.

• Shira

My eyes encounter a dark-skinned man, a black hat covering his eyes, and he plays with his hands. But there is a familiar existence about him, a typical scent.

"Damian.", I call out, sprinting towards him. "You're alive!"

A slight chuckle falls from my lips, as my hands lightly abrade his skin. "Damian, you're here."

Damian angles his head, propelling my hands off him. What? "You killed me!"

I'm sorry. Tears slipped from my eyes, as my hands brushed his arm. "No, you're my best friend. I never meant to hurt you—"

"Everything is wrong. I'm sorry."

Please, forgive me.

Instead Damian positions a sword towards my chest, his eyes darker than the night sky.

"I hate you."

Tears fall from my eyes, my knees dropping to the floor. I can't do this alone! "I love you."

Damian blinks, and tumbles to the floor alongside me, releasing the sword from his grip. His arms wrap around mine, conveying my body into a hug.

Ancient one of the Ancient Earth older than time can tell grant me the power at your command to work my magic spell ~

What the hell?!

Ancient one of the Ancient Earth older than time can tell grant me the power at your command to work my magic spell ~

My sights turn towards the pixies chanting, as their wings flutter closer to us. Oh God!

"You need to run, now!", Damian says.

"No, I'm not leaving you!"

"Shira, this isn't a contest. You must leave!"

Ancient one of the Ancient Earth older than time can tell grant me the power at your command to work my magic spell ~

"I know what I'm doing—"

"Come with me, please.", my voice pleads.

Damian nods, and we start running, my legs hurry into the bushes, and into the vines. No more chanting!

I turn around and snag the sight of Damian. The pixies grab him, knocking his legs to the ground, then pull out his heart, a gasp falls from my mouth. No!

To Be Continued...