9. My Worst Nightmare

I noticed the crowd looking at me before turning their attention back to their leader. He was a pale, white-haired man with a long beard, but what caught my attention was his missing eye and the fact that he had legs. It was clear to me that he was a human and the king of the group.

Sepher spins to me, and solely as we are about to make a run for it. We're hooked. Again! The guards seize hold of Sepher, and the king seizes hold of me. Fuck! "You wretched witch!", the king screams.

Seriously! Such awful terms.

"Witch?", your Majesty. I'm offended. We're alike.", my voice sounds direct. "You're a princess?", the king announces, as his grasp slowly loosens. "I prefer Queen."

My hands turn, and a blue portal opens. Azul glides through, and we proceed through the bleak portal. Sepher and Kallias smile. "You did it!", he says, his arms wrapping me into a soft hug.

"Thank you so much, your Majesty, no words could express my gratitude.", Kallias says, cupping my hands with hers. "Thank you."

My mouth widens, but abruptly an unsettling feeling occurs in my gut, and my eyes meet Sepher, who now lies on the gulitone, his eyes, watery, and blood red. I sentence Royal Wizard Sepher to death, for committing treason. Off with his head!

What?

I open my eyes, wishing for it to be a dream, but instead, I uncover my worst agony. As my body declines from the sky.

To Be Continued...