15. Savior

I turn around and snag the sight of Damian. The pixies grab him, knocking his legs to the ground, then pull out his heart, a gasp falls from my mouth. No!

Tears fall out my eyes, as Damian's body darkens, my hand draws out his heart, and he lowers to the floor.

My legs proceeded in a hurry, they fled down the corridor, desperately looking for anywhere to hide. It sped around a corner, bouncing off one wall, my arms flailing to keep balance. My chest heaved as my mouth took huge gasps for air while forcing myself to ignore the agony in his legs.

I couldn't stop. Nor could my eyes glance back to see how close they were. I had to run, so there I was running, and running—

— Until, the pixie arises in my gaze, positioning their hand in my chest. My feet dip, pitching a log towards the pixie, as she drops to the ground. An aching pain forces my legs to the ground, my eyes meeting my blackened veins once more, dark magic spreading throughout.

The pixies result in dust, and I open a portal back to my brother. "Damian!"

Blood gushes out of his abdomen, a quick gasp escaping his lips. His body drops to the floor, the blood gushing around him, as he flounders [struggles] to keep his eyes open. "Brother."

"Thank you, Shira. You saved me."

He said this in a sharp, gasping breath. As his eyelids fluttered around my face. His skin was lifeless and shallow.

There was no saving him this time, and Damian knew this.

His body became sallow and lifeless, his gaze was ghostly, until his eyes shut, and his cold body eventually curled into dust.

Tears tumbled to my lap, as my arms curled around myself, in comfort. He's gone. Damian is gone!

A loud, high-pitched sound travelled up and out of my chest, mixed with frustration, guilt and anger. As my legs kicked away from the leftover pixie dust. Had I not been here, Damian wouldn't have died. Had I not become Queen, nor accepted his majesty's proposal, Damian would still be here. I lost him again, and it was all my fault.

Sepher and Kallias gradually saunter towards me. "Shira?"

A bright light shines towards us, as a miniature circle begins to enlarge and evolves into a portal. My eyes turn to Damian, who is now dust.
I can't leave him.

"Shira we must go. It won't stay open for long.", Kallias says, but I don't budge, my sights stay on Damian, my body as still as he was.

The portal weakens, and its presence becomes smaller—larger— smaller—larger— to smaller again. "Shira!", Kallias cries out. Sepher pivots towards me, as his arms wrap around my body. "Stop"

He carries me, and flings me over his shoulder, as they walk me nearing the portal. "Please, stop!", loud wails fall from my mouth.

"Halt! Halt—- no!"

The Kingdom of Astrea

We arrive in our kingdom, no longer in war.

"What in the angels happened?", Sepher says, in scare. My eyes pivot to Kallias, as she unleashes a deep sigh.

"The War, was over when you jumped through the portal", Kallias explains, her sights directed towards me. This was my doing? Did I stop the war?

"A large bolt of magic just appeared, and those folks were left dead. Everyone except the kingdom. Shira, you destroyed the world, to save the kingdom."

To Be Continued...

Also sorry, for taking such a long break, it just took so long, for my brain to come up with ideas for this story. Low-key think what helped me was creating Pinterest boards. So hopefully, I continue to have more ideas. Thank you for reading. Stay tuned for the next. Also, happy super late New Year 🎊 ~ Bye!