3. Our Futures

"Stop"

"Stop what?"

"Stop, everything. Stop looking at me, stop touching me, stop finding ways to be near me. Just sto—"

"Do you think I want to look at you? I would give everything not to look at you! Yet, I can't let you go. You're the only one I want. No one else should have you."

A subtle giggle slips through my lips, as my hands sheathe my face in a groan. "I hate you!"

Sepher chuckles. "You want me—", he says softly, his hands extending towards my upper back. "—and it's killing you."

My head tilts, and I smile.  "Is that so?"

Azul rests on the motherland, as our bodies tilt off of him. Elmwood, the "deserted forest." We glide through the forest carefully, until our ears attend to the sounds of a wart-cap groaning, the male wart-cap shrieks, as a gigantic gulp of saliva drops from his lips onto our clothes. But the sight of our "fates" catches Sepher and I by surprise. In the right eye of the wart-cap, we find  Sepher lying on a guillotine, as it slices through his head. Beheaded. And in the left eye of the wart-cap, we find me in a paranoia state, as delusions fall from my head. By my side is a newspaper, titled. "The Queen's gone mad."

Before we're able to react, the wart cap dematerializes into a cloud, and a blonde-haired girl emerges, 'fore we have the prospect to introduce ourselves. Sepher and I wake up bound against a tree.

To Be Continued...