19. Prisoner

"The kingdom won't rescue itself, this is the only way to bring a truce [peace]."

"The kingdom won't save itself, this is the only way to bring a truce [peace].", Damian says, curling towards me with a smirk, as my hand folds into his.

Royal Court

"We heard the rumours."

"Rumours of Her Majesty's health."

"All is well. Her Majesty is well.

"Yes, but if she is not—-she must face parliament. And the palace may not be able to handle that, primarily with Damian."

"She defeated her brother for the palace."

"Your Royal Majesty, what do you suggest we do?"

Their eyes turn towards the king, as his glance attains theirs. "What are our thoughts on the royal heir, it may occupy Parliament on these matters."

"Time is running out, there is no hiding."

Shira

My fingers trace over the words meeting the page, as I take a deep breath.

Resurrection must be handled with care, and if used with bad ideals, the spirits may retaliate. My hands lightly stroke over the pages, my eyes closing shut, as my mouth repeats the spells. "Incedia!"

"Incedia!"

"Incedia!"

"Incedia!"

My body crumples to the floor. The gates open, my sights discovering the king's. "My queen.", he calls out, a deep whine pains me, as my voice attempts to speak. Fuck!

His gazes soften as he steers towards me and his hand encloses mine. "Why are you doing this?"

A low sigh falls from my lips. "You don't understand."

"So help me apprehend."

"I cannot."

"Shira—"

"Let me be."

His Majesty stands up and seizes a deep breath. "I am king, I will not be left in the dark in my own home."

"This does not concern you."

"Everything in Astrea concerns me, and if you don't tell me. I must take matters into my own hands."

Whatever does he mean?

He pivots towards the door, as they blast with guards, holding handcuffs.

"No! Do not do this!"

"You left me no choice."

The wardens steer towards me, following the orders from their king. "She is a prisoner, treat her as such."

They collapse over me, tumbling me to the ground,
as they enclose tight sliver handcuffs around my wrists, and my mouth lets out a fuss of pain. I lost.

My body is hauled to the opulent [highest] tower and left in solitary for days. No food, no water, sole [alone]. To die.

Tears fall from my eyes, in fruition[realization], but I'm shaken by the cluttering of the entry, and my eyes are met by a familiar face. Sepher

He falls into my arms, wrapping his fingers around my waist. He's here.

A slight chuckle escapes my lips. "I thought I was alone."

"I'll be alone with you."

A smile forms on my lips. And he's kissing me. Once, twice, until I've had a taste and realize I'll never have enough. He's everywhere up my back and over my arms and suddenly he's kissing me harder, deeper, with a fervent urgent need I've never known before.

I never want to leave him

On the Run ~

To Be Continued...