Chapter 25

TW: mentions of combat/abuse and injuries

*Amylin's POV*

I watch the door, listening to the men talking on the other side. It's only a matter of time before they come in here. I'm holding an old pipe, back against the wall as I wait for them to come in.

My legs feel like jelly, it hurts to breathe, and my headache has yet to subside. Which is all the more reason to get out of here. Finally, the door swings opening. I swing the pipe as hard as I can, making contact with a grunts face. He yells out, stumbling backwards from the impact. I turn to run out, coming face to face with another man.

I react quickly, using the force to send him tumbling backwards. The first guy stands, nose bleeding as he rushes towards me. I grab his fist, twisting his arm as hard as I can. He makes contact with his other hand, sending me backwards into the room. I push myself back up, watching as they come in.

The leader is the last one to enter the room, a snarky smirk on his face. "Impressive," he mocks. He then hands a rope to a grunt, ordering him to retie me. "You'd be smart to comply," he orders.

I glare at the grunt as he comes forward, tying my hands in front of me. I grimace as the rope rubs the slice on my hand. He secures the rope tightly, walking back to stand by the leader. "You may sit. I understand you may be... tired." He says.

I stay standing, glaring at him. He scoffs, "have it your way. Now, let's talk about your little stunt." I watch as he paces the room, not letting my eyes leave him. "You maybe have noticed that the people of the lower levels don't care to help you. But I'm sure you also saw the guards, hm?" He stops, turning to face me.

"Because of you, they have increased their patrols, and are checking buildings on this level. My question is, why do they care so much about you?" He raises an eye brow, and I stay silent.

"Ah, you don't need to answer. I already know, Jedi."

I feel myself freeze, but hold a neutral face. A wave of fear goes through my body, unsure my outcome in all this. "Lucky for you, that just makes you more valuable. The Separatist are on their way as we speak to come get you."

"The Republic would pay more," I counter. He laughs, "maybe, but I'd also be a dead man." I watch him, as he heads towards the door. "You may rest now. Who knows what will happen once Dooku arrives."

He leaves, and I listen to his laugher get farther and farther away. I lower myself down a wall, my body grateful to be resting. I lean my head back, praying the guard finds me before the Separatist arrive.

~~~~~

*Rex's POV*

"This is the one," Thorn says, reading the address in the paper. We managed to get a lead out of a local, who gave us this address. Thorn lifts his comm, telling Fox the address. "Copy, stand by. We will be there soon," he replies, then cuts the comm link.

"We can't wait," I insist, glancing at the small group of men around me. Thorn nods, "we should be able to take them, ready your blasters," he tells his men, creeping to the door. He nods towards the rest of us, then kicks in the door. We rush in, one at a time, as the men in the room scrabbling to their feet.

"Hands! On the ground!" Thorn yell, blaster points towards them. One grabs a blaster, firing towards us. The guard don't hesitate as they fire back. The room is chaotic, men running and knocking over furniture, blaster bolts going both ways.

I take out a man, watching another jump out the back window. The house falls silent, the guards advancing to search the room. I look around, spotting a door to the left. "Thorn," I hiss, gaining his attention. I motion to the door, and he nods, creeping towards it. I join him, glancing back at the others. We lost 2 troopers, leaving just four of us.