Chapter 12

*Amylin's POV*

A knock on my door wakes me up. I blink a few times, before responding, "come in." The door slides open, and my eyes land on Kix. "Good morning, mesh'la," he greets warmly. I smile at him and roll my eyes, "good morning, Kix." He comes to my side, offering me some water.

I accept it, and take a sip. "How are your injuries?" He askes me. I shrug, "they feel pretty good actually, my ribs are a little sore." He gives me a sympathetic look. "I'm surprised you were able to sneak out of the med bay without alerting Rex," he says as he helps me sit up. I tense a bit, and look up at him.

"Oh, yeah I didn't want to wake him," I say softly. He doesn't seem to notice my reaction, "you should have seen my face when I saw him there all alone, sleeping in a chair," he laughs lightly as he remembers the experience.

I don't response, and instead hop out of bed, with his help of course. "Lets head down to the med bay so I can properly inspect your wounds." I nod, slipping on some slippers, then walking along side him. We reach the med bay and my eyes immediately land on Rex. He is attaching the last bit of armor back on his arms. He glances up at us as we walk in, making eye contact with me.

He looks back down to his arm quickly, as I head back to my bed from the day before. I get in, and Kix heads to get some tools. I look back over at Rex, but he is ignoring me. "Hey," I say softly. He looks up, giving me a nod, "General," then walks out of the mad bay, saying a quick goodbye to Kix. I watch him leave, a bit of sadness settling in my chest.

Kix snaps me out of it as he approaches me again. "Alright, let me see it," he says. I lift my loose shirt, bundling the extra fabric just above the wrap. Kix get to work removing the wrapping and the bacta patches. "Wow, it looks great," he says, taking a step back from his work. I glance down at the wounds. The cuts are practically healed completely, and my bruise is much better then it was before.

"Your ribs are probably still working on healing, so I would take everything easy, but besides those, you shouldn't feel much pain." I smile at him and he goes to rewrap my ribs, giving them some extra support. "Thanks, Kix," I say as I watch him. He smirks, "anything for you." I laugh, him joining in. "Sorry, that was a bit cringe huh."

I laugh some more, shaking my head, "very romantic of you," I joke. "yeah, yeah." he says, finishing up. "You should hang out here for the day, get some rest," he suggests. I look at him, about to say no, when he speaks back up. "Keep me company?" I sigh and roll my eyes. "Fineeee," I groan. He smiles, then gets to work at his desk. I grab a nearby holopad, scrolling through reports and other nonsense to keep myself entertained.

A few hours pass, when a clone runs into the med bay, "General," He says, catching his breath. "Yes.." I trail off, not knowing this clones name. '"Names' Fives, General. Skywalker sent me." He says. I give him a questioning look, motioning for him to continue.

"General Secura's fleet is under attack, and badly damaged. We are heading to their position now to help against the separatist." My eyes widen, and Kix turns towards me, "don't even think about it," but he was too late, and I was already out of the hospital bed.

"I'll be fine," I reply, then turn to Fives, "don't let him stop me." He looks between me and a not so happy Kix before replying. "I'll try." I smile at him, then quickly head down the hall to my room. I pass Rex, lowering my head as I go. He stops, and calls after me. "Where are you going? You're on bed rest." I sigh and turn back towards him.

"I'm going to help General Secura," I tell him honestly. His eyes widen, "what! No way, you're in no condition to be fighting." I shrug and continue down the hall. I hear his quick foot steps behind me, following me to my room. "I don't think this is a good idea," he tells me as we continue.