Chapter 9

*Amylin's POV*

I blink my eyes open, automatically feeling the pain in my right side. I breathe in harshly, only making the pain worse. I glance down and see some blood stains on that side. I glance at my left side, noticing the same thing. The door hisses open once more, revealing Count Dooku and his two droids. My heart rate quickens, not sure how long I can last against them.

He smirks at me, "How are you feeling, Amylin? Ready to talk yet?" I glare at him, causing him to laugh. "So stubborn," he mocks. "Now, tell me about you and Qui-gon." I debate if I should tell him, and decide it's not an important enough secret to keep. He clearly already knows. "We were close, he practically helped raise me," I start. Dooku nods, "continue." I sigh as I remember the older Jedi. A small smile comes to my lips.

"He brought me to the temple, from Naboo. He helped me discover the force as a little girl." I glance back up at Dooku. He nods for me to keep going. "As I got older, he taught me new things, helping me. Even after I became a padawan, he would still check in on me."

"He must have cared very much about you," he states. I nod, "he was like a father to me," I whisper. "Now, tell me about the day he died." I furrow my brows, not wanting to bring up the horrible memories. His droids take a step closer. I sigh, then tell him what he wants to know. "I was listening to a conversation I wasn't a part of. I overheard the news of his death. I was.. angry." I say. I feel the flame of anger starting within me as I remember, but I push it down, not wanting to give Dooku the satisfaction he wants.

"Then?" He prompts. I glare at him. "I was young. I did not control my emotions." I state simply. "And it cost you greatly," he finishes. He walks towards me, circling me. "The Jedi lost faith in you." He mocks. I shake my head, "you won't affect me Dooku," I reply harshly. He ignores me, "they wanted to kick you out, Plo Koon was the only one who believed in you."

My memory flashes to the conversation between my master and the other wise Jedi, a conversation I was not meant to hear. "She can not be trusted," one of them starts. "She has felt the dark side, her sabers prove it. We can not train her, for risk she turns against us." I sit silently, taking in their words. "She is a child, all she needs is training," Master Plo defends.

They are silent for a moment, until Master Windu speaks up, "is this a risk you wish to take." There is no reply, but I know my master nodded in response. "Very well, but she can not form any more attachments. Her family is already a high risk for us." Master Windu states. "I understand," Master Plo says softly. Another master speaks up, "If she forms any attachments, she will need to be removed."

I creep away from the doorway, back to my quarters, and pledge to myself to never form strong attachments again. "I'll be a good Jedi," I whisper quietly to myself.

"Amylin," Dooku says, breaking my train of thought. He is positioned in front of me again. "The Jedi don't trust you," he states. I shake my head again, "you're wrong," he laughs. "Why do you think it took them so long to knight you?" I stay silent, knowing his words are true. My anger is rising, but I fight it down. He smirks, knowing he is getting somewhere.

"Attachments are natural, young one. The dark side understands this, just as you do." I glare at him again, "Attachments are forbidden, they lead to feelings we can not control. The dark side manipulates you." I growl. "And yet, you can't help yourself, can you?" I stare at him, pressing my lips into a straight line. "Oh, don't lie to me, Jedi," he says, walking closer.

"You have formed many attachments over the years, despite the words of your master." I keep staring at him, keeping a blank expression. "Your sister, for starters. But she has always been there." He continues, "there is however, someone new, isn't there?"