Chapter 13

*Amylin's POV*

I sit next to Anakin with my legs crossed and my eyes closed. Focus on his lifeform, trying to notice any small changes that may indicate him getting better or worse. I also fight to push down the dull pain in my side. Despite not wanting to admit it, Kix was probably right and I should have stayed on the ship until I was more healed.

But I know my skills were useful on this trip, and my presence was needed. I hear steps approach the small tent, and look up to see Aayla and Ahsoka. Aayla crouches on the opposite side of Anakin, while Ahsoka stands at the entrance. "Anakin doesn't have much time. We have to find help tonight."

I furrow my brow at her. What she says is the truth, but she didn't have to say it out loud. "You guys, and Bly, go south. Rex and I will stay here with Anakin." Ahsoka says, worry clearly lacing her voice. Aayla responds, turning to the young padawan. "No, Ahsoka. In order to get help quickly, we must work together."

Shock and worry cover the padawans face, "I can't leave him!" I smile sympathetically at the young jedi. "I'll stay, my injuries are catching up to me, I won't be much help out there," I says calmly. Both jedi turn my direction. Ahsoka sighs, while Aayla nods. "Keep your Captain here with you, just incase," Aayla says. I send her a grateful smile and nod.

Aayla leads the padawan away. "We must do all we can to get off this planet," she tells her, their voices getting more distant. I glance back down at Anakin, "you better wake up," I whisper. I grab his hand, giving it a comforting squeeze as I try to calm my nerves. A few moments later, Ahsoka approaches the tent again. "Be strong, master, just a little bit longer," she says sadly. I smile up at her, trying to comfort her.

"Don't worry, kid. I'll take good care of him," Rex says from behind her, earning a small smile from the padawan. "Captain Rex, keep your locator on. We should be back by daybreak with whoever or whatever lives on this planet," Aayla states. "Got it, general Secura," he responds, before turning back towards Ahsoka, "Hey, kid, good luck." I smile at them as they head out, then turn my attention back towards Anakin.

Rex takes a seat by the tent entrance, facing out towards the grassland, the daylight slowly disappearing. I watch Anakin's breathing, feel his temperature, and count his heart beats over and over again, feeling no change each time.

I finally get up, and take a seat by Rex. He glances over at me. "He'll be alright, General Skywalker is tougher then most," he says reassuringly. I sigh, shaking my head, "he better, there is quite a few people who would be devastated by his lost."

He responds quickly, "Like senator Amidala," he states. I quickly turn towards him, his eyes going wide as he realizes what he said. "How do you know?" I say quickly. He fumbles his words before finally getting out a sentence. "He stopped hiding it from me months ago, since I'm always around him. None of the others know." I sigh, relaxing a bit.

"Anakin can't keep a secret for the life of him," I joke. Rex smiles, nodding in agreement. "So you approve of them being together?" He questions. I think for a moment. "Well, no." I say simply. He looks at me confused, so I continue. "I like how happy they make each other, don't get me wrong, but jedi and attachments don't go well together. That's why it is forbidden. I would know." I finish, igniting a saber in front of me, purple light casting all around us.

"I don't understand.." Rex says, trailing off. I smile, "yeah I figured." I sigh, glancing down at the ground. "Purple isn't a typical Jedi color," I start. "It doesn't mean anything good. It means I've felt the dark side. I used it." I glance over at him. He is looking at me, listening to everything I say.

"I lost someone I was attached to. And, well I couldn't control my feelings. I was very young, a new padawan, when he died." I smile at the memory of the older Jedi. "He was a Jedi master, and practically helped raise me. His name was Qui-Gon. He cared about me, and took the time to teach me as a youngling and even as a padawan. He was killed by a sith, and I overheard the news when listening in on a conversation I wasn't a part of."