Chapter 16

*Amylin's POV*

We board the large ship, and I'm the first one off. Many clones and other figures of authority are waiting in the landing bay, and cheer as we exit the shuttle. I smile and glance around the group, my eyes catching Kix. He is standing off to the side, arms crossed as he shakes his head at me.

Despite trying to seem unhappy, he can't stop himself from smiling back. I head towards the clone trooper, "did you miss me?" He scoffs in response. "You should have stayed like I wanted," he scolded. I tilt my head to the side, "oh well that's no fun." He scoffs again, glancing over my shoulder at the others as they exit the ship.

"You should check Rex out, he took quite a beating the first few days we were stranded," I tell him, spotting the clone captain in the mist of the others. "Understood, but you're coming as well. You weren't healed before, I doubt you are now," he states. I roll my eyes, "check Anakin, Rex, and the others first," I tell him. He glances at me, "don't worry, I'm heading to the med bay now. But you're checking the others first," I restate. He nods, then heads to go gather the others for their look over.

I head down the corridor and turn into the medbay. Two clones stop conversation as I enter, and quickly stand in attention. I smile at them, "oh you guys don't need to do that," I tell them, taking a seat in a chair along the wall. They glance at eachother before relaxing. "You're Fives, right?" I ask one of them. He smiles and nods.

"I don't believe we've met," I address the other clone. "Names' Echo, General," he says confidently. "Nice to meet you," I reply happily. "You were on the ship that crashed, right?" Fives asked me. Echo nudged him in the side, "what?" Fives says defensively. I laugh at them, gaining their attention back.

"Yes, I was. I was actually the one who crashed it," I state. "That's a light way of putting it," a new voice says, and I turn to see Rex and the others entering the room.

I roll my eyes, "I didn't really have another choice, and I thought I did pretty good." I defend jokingly. He scoffs, "whatever you say, General." I turn back towards the other clones, "don't listen to him, I did great given the circumstances." Fives laughs, "Yeah Cap likes to over exaggerate."

The others start laughing as everyone files in to be checked. Kix walks in behind everyone, "alright, take turns hopping up here, I'll get you all checked out." Everyone nods and Anakin walks up first. Small conversations start as Kix gets to work.

Anakin turns towards me, "I'm going to debrief the council after this, you don't need to worry about joining me." I nod, grateful he's taking that load off my shoulders. It was always my least favorite part of being a Jedi, following Master Plo to talk to the council about every mission. I would always get lost in my own thoughts, and rather be socializing with the clones or others on the ship.

I keep him company as he is checked out, and a few bacta patches are placed to promote healing. Kix finishes with him, and he dismisses himself to go talk to the council. "So, General, are you permanently placed with us, or are they finding you a battalion of your own?" Echo asks, pulling me into their conversation. I turn my chair towards him, Rex, and Fives.

"As far as I know, you're stuck with me. I haven't heard anything about getting a new battalion," I state. "That's fine with us. Not many battalions can say they have three Jedi leading them," Fives states with a smile.

I laugh, "yeah, well I'm discovering that we are quite a handful." Rex rolls his eyes, "you could say that again." I kick the clones leg lightly, earning a laugh in return. Fives leans back in his chair, "man I can't wait to get home, wanna go to 79s?" He asks Echo, who shrugs in response. "Not much else to do."

"We only have a few days off, might as well make the most of them," Fives replies. "That reminds me," Rex cuts in, "are you going to 79s with wolf pack when we return?" He asks me. I shrug, "maybe? I'm sure I'll go with at least Wolffe one night, we always go." I reply.