Chapter 3

*Amylin's POV*

Shortly after the events with the new separatist weapon, we arrive with Anakin's fleet. I joined the clones to share the good news. We exit the ship together, and share a few words with Anakin and Ahsoka. A trooper interrupted us, and said he was there to lead us to the medical bay. "Go with them Amylin, make sure you're okay as well," my master tells me. I nod my head thanks and join the clones.

Sinker throws his arm around my shoulder, "Aye, Commander, did you see that space combat?" Boost and Wolffe break out into laughter as I shake my head, sharing a smile with the clones. He continues boasting with his arm around me the rest of the walk towards the med bay. I chuckle at him as his brothers nudge him and make fun of him.

We arrive at the med bay and are greeted by two clones. One I was unsure who he was, as where the other I recognized instantly. "Kix!" I exclaim, giving the clone a hug. "Aw man, you know him?" Sinker says shyly, earning a push from his brother, "Stop being so jealous!" Wolffe scolds.

Kix laughs and releases the hug. I turn towards the second clone in the room. "Hello, I don't think we've formally met. I'm Amylin," I say with a smile. Caught off guard, the clone's cheeks heat up and he stumbles over his words. Wolffe joins him, "come on Cap, tell the pretty lady your name," making the clone's face ever more red.

"I'm Rex," he says shortly, glaring at Wolffe. I laugh softly, "well nice to meet you, Rex." We share a smile before Kix interrupts. "Let's get you guys checked out huh?" Boost nods in agreement, before picking a bed to lay down in. Me and Wolffe do the same, while Sinker stands in the doorway. "Sinker, you alright?" Wolffe asks, concern lacing his voice.

He smirks at Wolffe, then turns towards me. "Need company?" he says slyly. I smirk back, "Always.." Sinker smirks even more, taking a step towards me. "But not from you, find your own bed, you stink after that mission."

Wolffe and Kix start howling, while Sinker stands there shocked, then acts heartbroken. "Our night out better be this entertaining," Wolffe comments. "Night out?" Kix says, while checking up on Boost. "Yeah wanna join? It's to celebrate being alive." I say, smiling at him. "What do you say Cap, wanna take a night out when we return to Coruscant?" Kix ask, sending Rex a glance. I look over towards the clone captain as well.

"It will be fun," I persuade. "C'mon Rex, can't let the lady down." Wolffe replies. Rex shrugs, "sure, why not." The clones erupted into cheers and laughter, starting conversations amongst themselves. Kix comes towards me, and I sit up in bed. "So, Commander, when do you become a General? I think it's been long enough."

I'm about to answer when Sinker speaks up, "aw Kix, don't be stealing our Commander," he whines. "We can still be friends, you weirdo, no matter what battalion I get assigned." I then turn back to Kix, "I'm not sure, I don't think it has been talked about." Kix shrugs and continues to check my vitals.

"You're clear Commander, just get some rest before we head back to Coruscant." I nod and thank him, before hopping out of the bed. "Captain, can you lead her to a room she can sleep in, please." Kix says, keeping his eyes on Wolffe. I glanced towards the Captain, who stood from his chair. "Right this way, miss."

I follow him through the halls of the large ship. Glancing back toward the clone ahead of me, I remember him from meetings with Anakin, he's always close by to his General. Soon he stops and turns towards me. "Here you are, miss." He says respectfully. "Thank you," I say with a smile, earning one back from the trooper. "I'll have someone get you when we arrive at Coruscant, if you aren't awake already," he states. I smile again, "Don't forget about our group plans," I remind him, before he heads off. He laughs lightly, "how could I forget?"

I laugh as well, and wave goodbye as I head into the room. I set down my belongings, then fall onto the bed. Quickly, I drift off into some well needed sleep.