Chapter 18

*Amylin's POV*

I stare up at the ceiling as light floods into the room. My thoughts are consumed by Rex, as I try to figure out what's going on with me. I try to tell myself I'm over thinking, and he is the same as all the other clones, but I know I'm lying.

I find myself constantly thinking about him, looking at him, and every time I can't help the increase in my heart rate, or how I feel like I've lost control of myself.

I finally push myself up, throwing on some oversized clothing and sneaking over to Padme's room to avoid being seen. "Amylin? What are you doing?" She asks as I close the door behind me.

I turn to face her, smiling, "oh just wanted to see you," I say lightly. She smiles back, and leads us to the couches in the center of the room. She dismisses C-3PO and turns towards me.

"Well, what's on your mind?" She starts. I shrug, trying to act unconcerned. "Just wondering how you're doing, you and Anakin." I ask. She raises an eyebrow towards me.

"Well, we are great actually. It's really nice when you guys get to come back here." She says with a smile. I smile back. "That's great! So um, how did you guys, uh, decide you liked each other," I say awkwardly.

Her eyes widen and she laughs. "I'm sorry," she says between giggles, "do you like someone?" My eyes widen, "what? No no I'm just curious!" I defend, my face heating up as Rex enters my mind.

"You do!!" She exclaims. I stand quickly, hushing her and I step towards her. "This type of stuff is forbidden!" I whisper loudly. "Who is it?" She whispers back. I furrow my brows, "it's nobody, I'm just curious," I defend.

She rolls her eyes, "fine, don't tell me now. I'll still help you," she says, calming down a bit. I sigh in relief, taking my seat again. "Well," she starts, clearly thinking back before her and Anakin were a thing.

"You can't just, decide. You can't really help feelings like that." She states. I listen intently, waiting for her to continue.

She smiles at me, "you just start wanting to be with them more, and they make you feel like you have butterflies in your stomach. And you will probably overthink everything trying to determine if they feel the way you do."

I nod, taking in everything she is saying. "And how do you make it stop," I ask. Her face floods with confusion. "Stop? Like, what stop liking them?" She asks. I nod again.

"But, why?" She says, very confused. "I can't be in a relationship, Padme." I inform. She shakes her head, "me and Anakin do it," she counters.

I scoff, "Anakin doesn't have a poor history with attachments," I remark. Her face drops, "oh Amy, you've grown, you're better than that."

I look away from her, feeling tears burn at my eyes. "It's not worth the risk," I say softly. She stands, walking towards me and embracing me in a hug. "The Jedi are not worth losing the people you love," she tells me.

I pull away from her, staring into her brown eyes. She smiles softly, "loving someone, the way I love Anakin, is powerful. I wouldn't give it up for the world," she says. I smile back and she continues.

"I would love for you to find that feeling," she states. "So you can't get rid of it?" I ask, earning an eye roll in return. "In my experience, no, not really," she says as she takes her seat again.

I nod, "guess I'm a bit stuck then," I joke. She laughs, "I'm willing to bet the one you're thinking of, feels the same way." She states. It's my turn to roll my eyes now. "I'm serious! You're beautiful with a wonderful personality. Anyone would be lucky to have you." She says.