XVI: Broken Medicine Store

XVI

    I couldn't sleep all night. There were so many things I had to think about. I was lost in my affection for Jayce but I forgot one important detail! Does Jayce love me too? He has too? Doesn't he? Why would he be so kind to me then? Was he being kind, as a noble citizen? Or because he liked me? If I go to Jayce, Hina will do anything to prevent me from going anywhere near the Palace. There was too much to think about? Jayce kept acting weird too. He had a relationship with Hina and what was he going to tell me on the ladder? The deal with Hina?

   That's when everything started to click. I remembered that pink love letter I read. It was to a girl starting with H! What if H was for Hina? That means Jayce and Hina were in love? No it can't be? Hina first took my parents, then Nevada and now my first love. No, this can't be happening? I shouldn't just jump to conclusions? What if there just friends? And even though they loved each other, what if Jayce doesn't have any feelings for her anymore but what if he still does? NO! He can't! He loves me and only me! 

     There must be some way I can find out, if Hina is the mystery lover. I had to come up with a plan. But what? I was so confused, like always. I didn't have a thing for puzzles when I was young. I found them way to complicated. I like to take the easy way out. But now, everything is a puzzle piece and I have to put every piece back together again and that too without any help.

     My thoughts were suddenly moved as the sun blinded my eyes. I shifted my way to the curtains, as a brand new day began. I stared out the window, as my eyes were just ready to sleep. I looked over at my calendar, sitting beside my bed. I grabbed my calendar and sat on my bed, as I marked off the day. Only 6 more days, before I have to break up with Jayce. I stared at it for a long time, when I decided to check up on him. I looked at Jayce’s expression. He was in such a deep slumber. It was cute. I slowly walked close to him, so close I was sitting on his bed. Like yesterday, I combed his hair with my hand, with the up most care. I gently stroked it until, he was slowly gaining conscience  I quickly made my exit, as I looked at him in a position he couldn't see me. He was tossing and turning and in the next moment he woke up. He was holding his temple, like he was drunk last night and just gained conscience. I looked at his pale face, and knew it wasn't good. Without thinking, I rushed to him in full speed.

      "Are you okay?" I asked like I was stalking him the whole time. Which I was but he doesn't know that. Or does he know? Oh well, guess it’s not a secret anymore.

     "I'm fine! Really? What time is it?" Jayce kept his hand firmly on his temple. He obviously was having a really bad headache. I checked his forehead for any sign of a fever. Suddenly, my mood shifted. His head was like on fire.

      "OMG! You really have a high fever. Looks like you’re going to be in bed all day!"

      "Well because of you, I don't have that option." Jayce lifted the covers off of him, preparing to get up. I reacted fast and placed my hands on his arm.

      "What do you mean? Do you mean...... The wedding thing." I let out a huge sigh. "Seriously, you got to be kidding me. It's not mandatory for you to go. It's not like Hina is going to hunt you down and drag you there. It's okay if you miss one day."

       "No, it's not!" Jayce answered me as he pulled of the covers fully, now his legs firmly on the floor. I got up from the bed standing right in front of him.

     "Stop being a kid. I'm not going to let you work in that condition." I gestured my arm towards him. His undershirt was full of sweat and his face looked so dull.