XIII: Settling Terms

XIII

                                    Jayce and I made it to Hina's, I mean my palace. I knew Jayce had a bad feeling about today. After I told him that I had a plan he probably felt queasy. We sneakily came an hour early, to make sure I wasn't caught by other co-workers. We rang the doorbell like usual, and instead of Hina it was another one of her servants. Hina fired all our servants. She couldn't take the risk. They have been our servants for over 20 years. Hina thought that they would never betray our trust so she fired them all. I wrapped my arm with Jayce's to let everyone know that we were officially a couple. Jayce had a sort of surprised look on his face. Not the fact that we were walking together like a couple but probably because I made the move first. He probably doesn't see me for the romantic person I am. Truthfully, I didn't except such romance from me. But, you know, people change. Well, some people.

                                  Jayce and I sat on the red velvet couch waiting for Hina's arrival. Apparently, Jayce told me that he couldn't start working because Hina doesn't know that we came an hour early. And by us, I mean me and Jayce. I can't wait to see her face when she sees Jayce and me as a couple. What she must think of us? I can picture it already! She comes down the stairs with a huge smirk on her face and then BAM! Her jaw is going to drop when she sees how content I am! A smile started to grow on my face, as I pierced my eyes at the stairwell. Right, then door opened, and Hina made her way down the staircase. The turn of events surprised me. Instead of Hina it was me who dropped my jaw. Hina walked elegantly down the stairs, wearing the most beautiful gown. It was a light pink which was see through. The top part had another dark pink at the back of the dress, so that nothing was to revealing. It was a V neck shaped at the top, and the dress made a belt like shape around the waist. The dress was up to her knees, which show almost all her legs. Hina made her way down the round stair cases, looking taller than me now, with her leather pink high heels. Hina then noticed Jayce and me. Her eyes quickly lowered to where our arms attached. Even though I was upset, at least half of my plan worked. This was the first step into knowing if Jayce and Hina actually had something in the past.

                                     Hina let out a fake cough. She spoke in her very serious and professional tone.

                                    "What brings both of you here? Work doesn't start in an hour."

                                   Jayce stood up, and I clumsily stood too. Our arms were still in a lock, so I wasn't in a good balance, when he surprisingly stood up.

                                      "I... I mean Evelyn and I decided to come early, so we could risk getting caught" Jayce uttered the last part very slowly, so Hina could understand the situation.

                                 "Very well then. Please, continue with your work, but I hope you have a plan sorted out for Evelyn, the co-workers will be here anytime now."

                                         "Yes and thank you." Jayce half bowed his head and made me do the same but I was very resistant.

                                           Hina half chuckled and smirked. "Carry on now" was the last few words she uttered before she walked away.

                               Jayce loosened his arm from mine, which I totally forgot from what all that’s happened. He grabbed my arm as he noticed I wasn't moving from my position.

                               "Wait!" I yelled out so Hina can hear me from half way down from inside the Palace. She turned around giving me an evil stare. I know I shouldn't be asking this but why are you dressed like that. Any special occasion?"