XV: Wedding Day

XV

     My eyes are getting weaker. I'm fighting to stay awake. I have to stay awake. Jayce can come any moment to save me, how can I fall asleep? 

     My body starts to have a mind of its own. The hunger which I strived for, reminded me of how I missed my dad's hotdogs. The last time I was captive, the thought of my dad’s hotdogs made my mouth water. Without knowing, I realized my eyes were teary. The tears rolling down my cheeks. My body starting to give up on me. 

     The faith I had, that Jayce will save me. I still do. The wedding which I feel is just minutes away. I have to escape but I’m losing the courage each passing minute.  No one ever saw me in the past two days. I know Jayce must be thinking of a plan. He's the one that knows I'm down here. I started to get a flashback from minutes before Hina and I had our little argument.

     (FLASHBACK)

     "Hina's is going to come out of her room any second. You remember the plan right?" Jayce nudged me for the fifteenth time making sure I don't screw up like I usually do. 

     "Yes, for the fifteenth time. You’re going to hide behind that plant, and I'm going to bump into Hina, and make her spill the beans of her plan and admit she murdered my parents while you record everything on my phone." I explained the plan to Jayce again.

     "Yup, and your phone isn't too big which is perfect. If anything goes wrong, you know I can't help you without Hina knowing I was listening in on your conversation the whole entire time." 

     "I know, and besides Hina won’t hurt me. I'm sure of it She may be cunning and despicable but she never hurt me. So, you have nothing to worry about. I'll be safe."

     "I was worrying about the plan, that's all. Were so close, we don't want to mess up because you can't protect yourself."

     "Whatever," I stood up from our hiding position and entered through the front doors.

     "Wait," Jayce followed me momentarily behind."

     Suddenly, I was back in reality, and sadly still prisoned. After Jayce and I came into the Palace, we followed the plan. He hid behind a plant as I bumped into Hina, and now I'm stuck here. What if Jayce was saying the truth? That he really didn't care if I got into any harm and innocent me thought he was joking. Maybe, he's still planning my rescue. That must be it, right? What if Hina discovered Jayce and now he's in trouble too? Jayce has the only thing that can stop this marriage in the palm of his hands; he can't be in any harm. My heart beats are getting faster and faster. My mind running through different scenarios that could've happened after my departure from the Palace. I need to be saved, I have to find Jayce and stop this wedding. 

     Suddenly, I heard creaks coming from the stairs ahead of me. The footsteps, which made its way down the steps, but the person I thought the steps belong to wasn't them. I knew it wasn't Jayce or Hina’s footsteps as I lived with them, I could tell if there coming to my room by their footsteps. If the footsteps don't belong to Hina or Jayce, who does it belong too? I carefully gazed my eyes, dead centre on the door, waiting for the person to make an entrance. Right now, I need to be rescued, and this is my only hope. Carefully, the doorknob wobbled as it turned and opened. The door making a creek sound, as a pale girl, with brunette hair and brown eyes made her way towards me. 

     "Bianca? Is that you?" I asked not so sure, since my vision has gotten a little blurry due to lack of food. I could make glimpse of the girl, and judging by her features it resembled Bianca a lot. 

     "Evelyn, what happened to you?" It is Bianca! I took a deep sigh of relief, as I knew my freedom was moments away. Judging by Bianca’s teary voice, she seemed quite terrified by the state I was in.