XII: Going For a Run

XII

     I slowly woke up, placing my hand on my temple from the massive headache which I received last night. I rubbed the sleep out of eyes while I let out a big yawn. Suddenly, the alarm went on which startled me, almost making me fall off my bed. I followed the mysterious alarm to my clock. Oh gosh! It's 9:40. I'm going to be late. Why did I have to take those sleeping pills? I totally forgot that the sleeping pills put me in a deep sleep for a long time. Why do these stuff always happen to me? I rushed to my bathroom, to quickly take a shower, and put something elegant on. For once it was good that we had cold showers, because if it was a hot shower I would've taken half an hour. I love showers, its relaxing and peaceful but not cold ones. Looking at my clothes I couldn't decide what to wear. Being poor now, I don't have that many clothes to choose from. It was winter so I couldn't really wear a tank top. I grabbed a pair of jeans and wore it with a shirt saying "life is a roller coaster," with a picture of an orange with a face on it, going down a crazy roller coaster.. It was red with half sleeves, which was old enough. I wore my usual studs. I wasn't much of a jewellery fan but these studs were gifted by my mother. I took a quick peak at the clock just to make sure I was on schedule. Dang it! It was 9:55. I rushed doing my brush, and quickly put on my shoes. Gosh! I really need to go shopping. I sound so girly but this isn't an easy adjustment. I was a princess just; no I am a princess, just a poor princess. Who says all princesses had to be rich? Before running out I realized I didn't put my watch. I normally am very punctual and my watch is one of those reasons why. After fastening the watch on my wrist it was 9:58. Jayce did say the park was near here, so I was just hoping that I could make it. I just about made it to the door when I stopped to take a quick glimpse in the mirror. Adjusting my hair here and there, wiping off the wrinkles on my shirt when my hourly alarm on my watch went on indicating it was 10! No time for adjustments. Run, Evelyn. Run!

     I ran out of the door, hoping he is very patient but I doubt it, he's very stubborn. I headed to the forest which was the last place I wanted to enter. Stupid branches leaving you with scars and smacking your face. Bushes leaving you with a rash, if you don't wear jeans, ignorant animals which just make your life miserable the minute you lay your eyes on them. Blocking the sun with my eyes, I came across an intersection. Remembering Jayce's words, I headed right towards the park. Of course, my jeans got ripped from all the branches; I even got some scars on my arm. This is just great. Now, I am going to look hideous. There was no point of turning back; I had to get to Jayce before it's too late.

     As I made my way, I saw a glimpse of yellow and when you're in a forest there's not much yellow around. It must be the swings, or the slides. I rushed dead ahead, I was so close that I could feel Jayce's presence. I was so close, but at the final run I tripped over a huge branch. I fell face first into the ground. I yelled out my pain so hard, as I held onto my ankle, thinking it must've gotten sprained.

    "Evelyn," I heard a voice fading away. Was it Jayce? Opening my eyes, I saw Jayce coming to my rescue again.

    "Are you okay?" Jayce voiced sounded that he was worried? It got me thinking that he might actually might like me.

    "I'm fine but I think I sprained my leg."

    "Let me take a look." Jayce leaned down to take a good look at my leg.

    "I'm fine, really?" I quickly pushed down my jeans as Jayce was trying to lift them up. To tell you the truth, I wasn't fond of guys revealing any of my body parts even if I was injured and even if I knew they didn't have any wrong intentions. I just felt uncomfortable; I like my body parts to be covered, and nothing to be lifted off, unless I do it. No one lays hands on me but me! 

    "Don't be ridiculous, you're hurt."

    "No, I'm really fine." Why couldn't he understand? My ankle is paining but it's not like he's a doctor who can heal it or a magician who can just wave his magical wand and all my pain will vanish.