XXI: Big Brother

XXI

     "I guess my name is pretty popular around here!" Adrian and I both chuckled but as we were I couldn't help but notice how familiar he looked. I felt like I’ve seen him somewhere before but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

      "Are you sure we haven't met before?" I asked him to get rid of the curiosity in my head.  

     "Why do you ask?" Adrian's expression changed from happy to curious just like me.

     "I don't know. I just felt like I've seen you somewhere." Adrian chuckled after I finished my sentenced which I found weird. Is this a time to be laughing? I was asking a serious question. I was upset that he didn’t take me seriously.

     "What's so funny?" I had an annoyed tone of voice.

     "Nothing, but I can ensure this is the first time we met."

     “How can you be sure?” I was surprised he was so sure that we hadn’t met before. We could’ve!

     “Just trust me on this one.” Adrian gave me a sure response. I decided to drop it, so I changed the subject.

     "You know, I wanted to ask you something the first day we met."

     "And what's that?" Adrian stepped forward and started to walk backwards in front of me.

     "How come you were there? I mean, that night, at the Palace?"

     "Ahh, so that's what you’re curious about?" Adrian said as if this was all a joke and I'm unnecessarily asking questions.

     "Are you going to tell me? Or let me stay curious?" My tone of voice sounded a little angry as I don't think we're close enough for him to know that I hate secrets.

     "Well, you can say I just know someone there?" He knows someone at the Palace? Can he be related to Hina? What if he is an acquaintance of hers. Now, I come to think of it, I trusted Adrian so easily, I don't think I should trust him. Who knows who he is?

     "Who do you know?" I asked but I knew it was pointless because if he was related to Hina, he won't tell me. I was just curious to know what he'll say as his answer.

     "Just family," was his answer. Family? Can he be related to Hina blood wise? I just found out Jayce was related to Edward, what if this man is Hina’s son. Boy, now that would be surprising. Hina, having a son, I would never had imagined it.

     "What are you thinking?" Adrian got curious about my thoughts, as I remained quiet after his answer, which probably surprised him.

     "Look, I don't know anything about you and after all I've been through, I just can't trust anyone these days. So, if you excuse me I'll be on my way to the Palace." I walked faster, gaining speed and passing by Adrian.

     "Wait." Adrian ran faster coming back to the same position both of us were seconds ago. "I know you probably can't trust me but I'm not here to fool you, or play tricks. I'm just being genuine." Genuine? For some strange reason, I want to believe he's saying the truth but I just can't bring my mind to trust him yet.

     "Maybe you are but maybe you're not. I can’t take the risk! I have so many things going on my life, and you being here just makes everything so much more complicated, then it already is. I just can't deal with more stress!  I'm sorry, but it's probably best we don't meet again." I ran off but that's when I remembered his words from that night. 'I don't think this will be our last meeting.' What did he mean by that? And how did he know were Jayce's house was? I rushed back to Adrian but he was nowhere to be found. Where could that boy have rushed to in a matter of seconds? Maybe he was genuine because he didn't follow mw but gave me my space. Maybe, I won't see him again. I didn't know if i was happy or upset. Without thinking, I've rushed out and now I'm left with no answers. Why did Adrian have to come into my life? All he left me was more questions. There was no point thinking about him as he had disappeared, so I turned around, heading back to the Palace.