IV: Pink Slip

IV

                      He let out a grin and replied saying...

                    "You’re welcome, unknown stranger." Then he left the room and shut the door behind him.

                   Before I went to sleep, I realized that I didn't tell him my name either but who wouldn't know the princess of Nevada’s name. I didn't want to think about anything anymore and just rest. This will be my first day sleeping a peaceful and quiet sleep, in a week.

                       I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep; waiting to see what tomorrow will bring me.... I mean today.

                       "You awake?" The man asked me.

                        I slowly opened my eyes, as I forgot that I actually slept on a bed, and not on a chair.

                        "Yeah, I replied to him," as he handed me a glass of juice and some toast.

                      I started to devour the toast. It was so warm and crunchy. Who knew I would forget what toast tastes like? I was done eating my toast, and then I went to drink the orange juice when I thought this was the perfect time to ask him about yesterday.

                          "So....." I started to utter. "About yesterday.........what happened?"

                          "We have all day to talk but I don't have all day to wait for you to finish your juice." He replied.

                          I was upset that he didn't answer my question but decided to finish the juice to avoid any useless fighting.

                        I was done with my juice and started to ask him, the same question but then there was a knock on the door.

                        I looked at the man and he looked confused and disturbed. He told me to stay here and went to answer the door but out of curiosity I peeped through the crack of the door as it was left a little bit open.

                            He opened the door and that's when my hand was placed in my mouth.

                           "Hina," I said under my breath. "How did she find me?"

                       I looked at her again to reassure myself that it was indeed her. Without saying anything Hina nudged the unknown stranger and walked into the house.

                           "Where is she?" She asked the man.

                            "Who do you speak of, I live alone?" He answered.

                         "If you give me the girl I will give you one million dollars." Hina then took out the check and placed it right in front of his face. "It would be stupid of you, to choose to keep a girl safe than choose a million dollars. She means nothing to you and you can live in luxury." Hina made a deal, that sounded so crystal clear that it would be stupid not to make.

                         He stared at the check for a while and then grabbed it, gesturing that the deal was set. I started to cry as I felt like I was just bought. Hina started to walk this way and I turned away trying to figure out what to do. The echoing of the high heels got closer, closer, closer..... but then they stopped.

                           I turned around to see the man ripping the check and walking up to Hina. He grabbed Hina's hand and placed the ripped pieces in her palm.

Revenge For The DeceasedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara