X: Wounded Or Healed

X

    "Wait, I forgot something!" I quickly grabbed the keys from Jayce and ran to the car. When I made it to the car, was when Jayce realized what happened.

    "There, let go!" I shut the door and grabbed Jayce's hand as I ran with him. Soon after I realized that I shouldn't be holding his hand, I let go in a quick reaction almost knocking Jayce over.

    "What's in the bag?" Jayce asked me in curiousity. Probably to get a conversation going.

    "You'll soon find out!" I left him hanging on his question, hoping he'll be left in suspense.

    "You know you're such a jerk."

    "I know!" I replied back with a grin on my face as I took the lead.

    "Can you please tell me where we are?" Jayce started to get stubborn again.

    "Guess!" I tried to make him feel anxious. Jayce let out a groan, which told me he was getting disturbed and that I was starting to be a nuisance to him. 

     "We're here!" I got his sprints high as he lifted his head to see the place, I dragged him all the way here. "I bet you guessed it by now, it's the palace." I added on. Jayce suddenly stopped and made a straight face.

    "Why are we here?" He demanded an answer.

    "You know you ask too many questions."

    "This isn't funny anymore. I don't want to be a part of this!" Jayce raised his voice and stormed off.

    "Wait," I ran after him, positioning myself right in front of him. "You're a part of this. You're Hina's designer and this is your first day at work."

    Jayce looked me in the eye, and blurted out "Move."

    "Look, who's being a jerk know. You have no money and soon no home. So, you better get your whining little self there and get to work and besides look what I made you. I turned around and pulled out the mysterious object in my bag.

    "Ta da! I packed you lunch. Now, you're all set to go!" I grinned as Jayce let out a chuckle.

    "You sure are full of surprises, you know."

     "I know!" I cheerfully replied back.

    "By the way, when did you have time to make my lunch?" Jayce asked me before we made it to the front steps.

    "When you decided not to spend the night at your house." I answered as we reached the door. I let out a chuckle after himv as we both made our way to the palace doors.

    As my hand was nearly a centimeter away from the doorbell, Jayce grabbed my hand.

    "I have to ask you something before we go in?"

    "What now, curious George?"

    Jayce chuckled as he moved forward with his question.

    "I don't understand you sometimes. One time you act like I'm such a jerk and then the very next moment, you act like you care about me." Suddenly, my face went pale.

    "No, I don't care about you.... No, it's not like that..... Yes, I do... But like not in that way." I stuttered. Gosh Evelyn, what are you sayihng. Pull it together! 

    "Or is it because I saved your life?"

    "Yes, that's exactly why. You saved my life and now I have to pay my debt to you." I let out a fake smile and laugh. Come on Evelyn. Don't act stupid.