III:Unknown Stranger

III

                        Every part of my body paining, and a small voice in my head telling me to stop running but I cannot.

                      "STOP EVELYN!" I turned my head around to see the new guard chasing behind me. How much I despised seeing that horrid face of his! But, once I turned my head and I started to run, I tripped and fell hard to the ground.

                        "DON'T MOVE OR ELSE!" The guard ordered.

                       But obviously I didn't pay any attention to what he was saying, so I got up but this time I couldn't afford to limp so I pulled back my hand and sprinted to the best of my abilities.

                  Why would he tell me to stop? Does he really think I am going to stop so he can catch me and take me back to see that horrid devil Hina! But what did he mean or else? Well, I already moved anyways so I guess I just have to what for the or else part.

                         I looked behind me to see that the guard was still chasing me. I then came to a halt as I encountered an intersection. Not knowing which way to take, I relied on fate and chose to go left. Left was always lucky for me, as my parents gave me a bracelet and always told me to wear it on my left hand. To this day I still don't know why I have to wear it on the left, and I was sad to know that I will never get the answer to my question.

                      I looked behind me again and the guard had disappeared. I was glowing with joy. Finally I am free at last! I decided to go on this path and see where it takes me so I turned around but that's when I stood frozen. My mouth went numb, not able to say a word as I saw the guard right in front of me. I quickly turned around and ran but he caught me by the arms and pulled me towards him. Both of his hands locking my hands together.

                             "Listen," the guard started to speak to me in frustration. "Now come with me quietly, if you don't want to get hurt because I know you’re so weak that with one punch I can knock you out."

                       "GOT IT!" The man screamed in my ear which made my heart pounce. I felt so helpless and weak. He gave me a little push and I started to walk back the way I came, as the guard was walking behind me with his hands still locking mine. I wasn't going to give up though.

                       Several seconds later, I let out a smirk as I then kicked my leg in his private part, which made him release his arms and fall to the floor in pain.

                      "Wimp," I let out as I stepped over him and walked away. I turned back for the last time and let out a small chuckle but when I saw the guard slowly getting up, I started to run again.

                        "NOW YOUR GOING TO GET IT!" The man threatened me as he started to chase me again, limping half the way. The only place I thought I could lose him was the forest, so when I saw him coming I turned to my right instead of the left, and sprinted right into the forest. There were so many trees and branches that I had to use my arms to knock them out of my way as I ran. I could barely see what was ahead of me.

                           It came to a point where I couldn't run any further but it was strange because I didn't plan to stop. To make sure it was not me who stopped, I tried running but couldn't move any further. I thought I was caught but when I looked behind me, I found my ripped dress caught in a branch. I went to my ripped dress to untangle it from the branch and kept looking straight to make sure I wasn't seen. I was half way done uniting the knot when I heard footsteps. I began to panic and then quickly started to untangle it. It was no use anymore I didn't have any time. So, I grabbed my dress with my hand and yanked it hard. It ripped all the way to where my belly button was shown.