VII: Meeting In The Dark

VII

    I gasped looking at the letters. Who could've written that? Whoever it was there motive was to scare me. Did it work? I don't know but being scared will not do me any good right now.

    "Evelyn. Are you alright?" I heard Jayce whisper.

   "Yeah," I uttered, still staring at the window.

   "I'm going to get a flashlight, stay right here." I nodded my head signalling that I understood, but forgetting that we couldn't see each other.

   "Evelyn?" Jayce repeated sounding frightened that I disappeared.

    "Yeah," I stuttered.

    "I'm getting the flashlight, stay here. Okay?"

    "Yeah," I told him still distracted by the letters.

    I, still staring at the wall, trying to make sense of it, got disturbed by a dazzling, bright light shining right at my face. I put my hand to my face to block the light. The light descended and I saw Jayce straight ahead.

    "Come, let's go to my room." He put his hand on my arm and picked me up, gesturing me to his room. We entered his room and sat in front of his bed lying our backs against it.

    "Shall we continue with the interview?" Jayce nudged me to get my attention as he saw me stare at his door. I trying to see the window but knew I couldn't view it from this distance.

    "What.....yeah?" I looked at Jayce then back at the window.

    "Are you okay?" Jayce sounded worried which got my attention.

    I stared and let out a smile at Jayce, to know that he actually did care about me.

    "What?" Jayce asked me in confusion. To see my change of moods frequently he probably gets freaked out.

    "I'm fine. Let's continue with the meeting." I then dropped my smile and acted serious for my first question. "How did the guard die that night and not me? He had the gun in his hand and I did fall down. How can I fall but he end up getting shot? NO... first answer why you didn't answer me the first time I saw you? You just walked away and then magically appeared at the place where the guard and I were.

    "Slow down," Jayce put his hand on my arm and handed me a glass of water which was right beside him. I took a sip of water and then stared at him waiting for an answer.

    "Okay. When you came to me and stated yelling for help. I knew I couldn't help in any way because I had no job or money. So, I thought of stealing some food first before I agree to help you. I left and brought some food but when I came back, the guard you told me about was pointing a gun at you. The guard was the one who shot the gun though."

    "Then how did he end up dead" I interrupted his next sentence, thinking it was impossible for the person who shot the gun to be dead.

    "I pushed you down, that's why you didn't get shot. I looked where the bullet was heading, it hit a pole then came back hitting the guard at his chest. That was one stupid guard" Jayce let out a chuckle at the part when he talked about the bullet coming back straight at the guard. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle too.

    "How can someone be so stupid to commit suicide?" I half laughed and half talked. Suddenly, the flashlight started to flicker.

    "Darn!" Jayce yelled out, smacking the flashlight but it only made it worse. The light vanished and again we were in complete darkness. "I'll be right back" Jayce told me. I grabbed his arm, preventing him to continue moving.

    "Can I come with you?"

    "Sure," he shrugged while I got up. I held onto his arm just in case we lost each other in the darkness. Holding his arm, my heart began to race again. I still didn't know why? Why was my heart beating so fast that I found it hard to even breathe? I tried to get a glimpse of Jayce in the dark but it was no use. It was way too dark to even see the arm which was being held by my hand. As we walked a little light came out. It was the window. Jayce didn't pay attention but the words were right there.

    You Better Watch Out

    What could.....

    "Found it" Jayce interrupted my thoughts. I turned to Jayce as he lite up some candles. Jayce handed me a candle and we made our way back to his room. I turned my head facing the window the whole way back. We sat back in our same positions with the candles spread around us. As the meeting was over, I didn't know what to say and once again I was surrounded by an awkward atmosphere. I thought about the window and the words "You better watch out." I felt scared knowing what I thought those words meant. I figured out that whoever wrote that had a motive but what the motive is, that's the question? But I knew one thing for certain, that person knows that I'm alive but that's not the worst part. Whoever wrote that knows about my plan. They know that I came to destroy Hina and they don't like it one bit. That person is on Hina's side, and now I have to be careful when plotting my plan.

    I woke up from my thoughts of the window when Jayce placed his coat around me, noticing that I was shivering. I turned to thank him, that's when his face was a few centimeters away from mine. I placed my hand on my heart, and it was beating louder than ever. I was afraid Jayce would get freaked out. His lips nearly away from mine and both of us not moving. I tuned away and Jayce sat back down.

    "Are you alright?" Jayce asked me again, which made me wonder why he cared about me so much. Or did he ask me that because I was crazy for not kissing him.

    "Why do you ask?" I questioned his motive.

    "Well, I noticed through the meeting you looked pretty distracted. I wasn't going to give him an answer but then a large noise was created. I startled, closing my eyes and when I opened them, my body was snuggled onto Jayce's with his arms around me. I looked up at Jayce when he told me everything is going to be alright. The lights turned back, and I put my hand in front of my face as it was too bright. I smiled and with confidence I told him "I have to show you something."

    I got up, my hand firmly into his walking him to the window. We reached to the window, when he asked me what I wanted to show him. "You want to know what has been disturbing me, well......." I finished my sentence pointing at the window.

     Jayce stared back at me and he looked terrified as I was when I saw the words.

    "I don't know who....." I stopped talking as Jayce was making a weird expression on his face.

     "You're scared of a window?" He replied back thinking I was crazy. I quickly turned to the window, and the writing was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omg! I can't believe I updated so quickly! Well you might say its been four days but that's quick to me! Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

If you have any questions or suggestions please comment. Please fan and vote too!

Thanks For Reading :D

~PsychedelicTime