XI: Going Crazy

XI

                            Me, nah! How can I be in love? It's impossible! The only things that I love are my parents, the colour blue, swings from a playground (my dad used to take me there every time I was upset, it helped me relax) and hot dogs (he also bought me hot dogs if I was upset too). Even if I am in love it will still be awkward to see him. Like, what shall I say when he enters through the driver's seat door. Looking out my window to make sure I wasn't being stalked, I quietly made my way out the door. I suddenly stopped knowing it wasn't polite just to leave. So, I grabbed my purse in the car, ripped it open and searched frantically for a writing utensil and something to write on. I finally found my notebook, and ripped a piece of paper out. I began another frantic search for a pen, pencil or something to write with but couldn't find anything. I knew I was wasting valuable time, so I took my red, velvet, strawberry flavour lipstick and stated writing a little note. I placed the note on the steering wheel, not being able to think of a better place to put it. The palace wasn't that far from Jayce's house, so walking wasn't a problem. Besides, I need all the time I need to myself.

                          It was indeed a long walk but it really helped. The walk made me decide my next move, which was to reveal myself to Nevada in a way that they have to accept the circumstances. Lost in my thoughts my head crashed into a pole. I let out a small moan while placing my hand to my head trying to feel a bruise of some sort. Making sure I didn't get lost, I looked at the surroundings around me. That's when I was surprised to appear at the same place were the guard died. Maybe, this wasn't a coincidence, I thought. Reminded of the dark night when Jayce told me about how the guard died, I knew that, this was probably the pole Jayce mentioned. Trying to recall that night, I decided to do a little investigation of myself. I looked around the pole, trying to capture any bullet marks. To my surprise there was none. I wish, oh how much I wished that what Jayce told me was the truth but as I kept recalling the night, only an idiot could've believed that story.

                             The sound of a car startled me. Turning around, I saw a black convertible. It was Jayce! I quickly ran towards his house, making sure he didn't notice me with his so called "pole." Knowing I couldn't make it, I began to act causal.

                                "Hey, funny seeing you here." I got Jayce's attention.

                         "Yeah, who knew we could've come at the same place at the exact same time. It almost sounds impossible." Jayce sarcastically said as he took of his shades.

                                "Let's go inside." I tried to avoid any eyes contact with him and barged to my room.

                                   "Listen, we have to talk." Jayce knocked on my door, acting all macho.

                             What should I do? I don't even want to look at him. I knew he was going to talk about the kiss. Even the simple utter of the word kiss made me picture the kiss Jayce and I shared at the palace. I just want to be alone.

                              "I don't want to talk, how about tomorrow. It's really late and I feel sick." I let out a few fake coughs at the end. Hoping he understood, I let go of the door, and a second later he slammed it open. Oh, why didn't he understand that I didn't want to talk? I ignored the fact that he was in here but it didn't seem like he wanted to play around. He grabbed my arm and swung me around.

                                  "I said I wanted to talk. So, stop acting like you’re sick and come outside." Jayce sounded so aggressive for the first time. As he saw my reaction he let go of my hand. "Just come outside, we have to talk." Jayce started to regret that he yelled at me for nothing. I went outside not because I thought I should listen to him but because I knew I couldn't avoid him forever, especially since we live in the same house.