estrellas~chapter 4

I wake up and see that Jeremiah has sprawled out his entire body on both my bed and myself. I can't help but smile at him. He's still sleeping and he looks so peaceful. Almost like a fragile porcelain doll. Or better yet, a Ken doll.

I can't help but let my heart flutter for him. I brush his curls out of his face and lightly kiss his forehead. To this, he wakes up.

"You like the view?" He says. My cheeks turn bright red and I respond in a silly voice, "Yes."

"Your my best view." He says while grinning. "Meep," I responded and threw a pillow on his face.

(A/N I LOVE BIG ED LMAO)

~

After I shower, I sign off on my Debutante invitation. I accepted the invitation and put a checkmark in the yes box.

I walk downstairs after and see Jeremiah cooking something in the kitchen.

The first words I hear are "Hangover Smoothie," Jeremiah says.

"Hangover smoothie?" I repeat announcing my presence.

"I'm just making one for Connie," Jere says.

"Can you please just hurry up?" Conrad shouts from the couch. I can't help but giggle at the way he is simply just dead and lying there.

"Are you hungry Laur?" Jeremiah asks me.

I respond with, "Cereal, hit me."

"Yes Ma'am!" Jere says and salutes to me. He grabs me a bowl and spoon, then pours my favorite cereal of all time, Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I devour it in about three minutes and Jere stares at me. He gives me puppy eyes and I just slide him the rest of my bowl so he can drink the milk.

"You are so weird," I say while rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, but you love me," he winked at me, causing Steven to fake a gag.

"Come on, man stop flirting with my sister and hurry your ass up!" Steven yelled.

Susanah comes running in, "Belly and Lauren are going to be Debutants!"

"I'm sorry. Like, my sisters? Like, those things right there?" Steven says dramatically.

"Shut up, cretin," Belly yells.

"Okay, this is gonna be so much fun. Just you wait. There is, uh... there's the tea, the auction, the ball, of course, the rehearsal. I have to write this down. We need to go shopping!" Susanah says all giddily.

I turn to face Jeremiah, "When do you get off work?"

"I think around three?" Jeremiah pauses and thinks, "You should come by the club,"

"With you as a lifeguard?"

"Please," he begs, "It will be fun."

"Fine. I will go later."

~

I drive to the club and head straight to the pool. I have a mission, I thought to myself. To make Jeremiah Fisher notice me this Summer.

When I see him sitting in his lifeguard chair I can't help but smile. There he is, the boy I'm in love with.

I find a chair and put my stuff down. I take off my oversized Cousins T-shirt to reveal a navy blue bikini with light blue flowers on it. I take both of my rings off and place them inside my wallet, for safekeeping.

I walk over to Jere's lifeguard tower.

"Hey hot stuff," he says. I can't help but roll my eyes and sit on the edge of the pool.

"I have a break in ten minutes," I say okay and head over to bug Steven at the snack shop.

Eventually, Jere joins us, and we all just hang out.

"Hey Steven, can I please get a Slurpee," I say, Steven gets me the Slurpee and expects payment, "Oh, on Jere's tab," I finish.

Jere smacks me on the arm and I laugh.

"What are you doing tonight?" He asked me.

"Nothing much, probably sleeping. I have to go shopping with the Moms and Belly tomorrow though."

"Want to go surfing tonight?"

I nod my head yes happily.

~

After dinner, we change into our wetsuits and head for the beach.

"The waves look nice tonight," we say in unison. "Jinx," I say, "You owe me a soda."

He responds with, "Just a soda, how about something else?" He takes a step closer and I feel my heart pounding. I get so fed up with the moment when he then says, "Race you to the water!" And he takes off, shit, did he just get into my head?

We surf for a little bit, but when the sun is completely gone, we just float on our boards together.

"So, are you ever going to tell me your summer wish?" Jeremiah asks.

"No, I don't know if you are worthy of knowing," I say even though I know it's not true.

I smile and lean over to push him off his board.