estrellas~chapter 26

(A/N FLASHBACKS ARE IN ITALICS)

After Adam leaves, Skye and Julia prepare to head out.

"I guess this is goodbye," Skye says, "Let's keep in contact this time."

We all laughed at their joke, "It was so nice to meet you!" I say to them.

Jere gives them a hug along with Conrad, "Sorry for being an asshole," He says.

"We're good," Skye gives him a smile.

With that, Skye and Julia head off back home, it was so nice to make a new friend. Susanah may be out of our lives, but that does not mean we have to all leave one another.

"I got into Stanford," Conrad says abruptly while we stand in the front yard waving goodbye.

"What?" I yell, "Fucking A man! I'm so proud of you!" I went to hug him.

"Wait... how are you going to go if you miss your exams?" I say.

"Exactly, I can't even go. I don't have any of my shit." Conrad says while throwing his hands up dramatically.

"Well, you're lucky we brought all of your things," Belly says with a smile.

"Oh thank god Belly!" He says while running to hug her. Maybe Connie and Belly could work out again, hopefully, this time they won't abandon one another.

And just like that, we decided to pull an all-nighter to help Connie study. There is one problem, we all are fucking exhausted.

We re-enter the house and check the time, "It's already four, holy shit," Jere says.

I yawn and feel like I could just fall asleep right there.

"Hey, hey!" Belly yells at me, "No time to sleep, we need to study!"

"Just a quick nap," I say desperately.

"Please," Jere joins me in begging, we are so desperate we even give out our best puppy-dog eyes.

"Fine, a quick nap."

I scream happily as Jere and I go to the air mattress in his room. It's deflated.

"Great..." I say.

We run back to the living room and just find a spot on the ground and use one another as a pillow. Conrad is already deep asleep.

I don't know how but somehow Jeremiah is better than a pillow. I either slept good because of that or because I was super fucking tired.

I suppose a few hours go by because when Belly wakes us up it's already dark out.

"Wakey wakey!" She yells.

I'm a light sleeper so I wake up immediately and look over to find Jere still sleeping peacefully.

Belly has a squirt bottle in her hand. I give her a quick nod as she hands me it and I pour the water on his face.

He wakes up un-distraught, "Good Morning Lauren," He says peacefully.

He starts to sniff, "McDonalds?" He yells and jumps up.

He reaches for a burger and Belly swats his hand, "No, These are a crucial part of the reward system."

"Why does he get one?" Jere asks, referring to Steven eating one. Steven just shrugs his shoulders.

"All right, this is how it's gonna work. Conrad studies, he gets a burger." Belly explains to us.

"What about us?" I asked her, I was super hungry and wanted anything to eat.

"Conrad studies, you get a burger."