estrellas~chapter 23

When we got back to the beach house, something just felt more off. More off besides the fact that our home was empty, and it felt like Sussanah had never even been there.

"Oh, I wish you boys had gone home when I asked you to," Julia says to Connie and Jere.

"You're not getting us to abandon our house, Julia." Conrad defends quickly.

"It's not your house, Conrad. And, um... it won't be mine for long, either." She says.

What does she mean by that?

We all stand silent. Julia continues, "A buyer has made an offer on the house and I've officially accepted it. I have to go to Boston to finalize the details. It's done. The house is sold."

"It's sold?" I gasp out.

"You sold this house in the last 12 hours?" Jeremiah says. Conrad just stands silent, his fists clenched.

"Yes. To a lovely family with three children. I'm gonna need your keys, please."

The boys hand their keys over.

"I bet you're enjoying this," Conrad says to her sassily.

"Mom, don't do this," Skye begs.

This is all happening so fast, so quickly. We failed our mission to save the house, we failed Susannah.

I run upstairs to my bedroom... or my old bedroom. It was always my safe place to cry. I wanted to throw myself on my bed except there was no bed to throw myself on. I just sit and cry against the wall. Being here felt wrong.

Jeremiah walked in on me, "Hey Laur," he sat next to me and wrapped me in his arms.

"We're going to throw a party," he says calmly.

"Really? Here? The house is empty."

"We're going to go to Party City and get decorations," He kisses my forehead.

"How are you guys going to get booze?" I ask, none of us were 21.

"Connie has a fake ID."

"Will that work?" The thought of Connie's fake ID makes me laugh.

"Hopefully, the party is going to be lit though, the theme is retro."

"Ooh, I love a theme, it reminds me of Susanah's movie night," I regret saying her name, I don't want to upset him further.

But, he just smiles, "Yeah, she would love seeing us have a party."

I smile and kiss him.

"What was that for?" He asks.

"I just thought, we're going to college, we're going to be far apart."

"Wait, I don't even know where you got in?"

"I'm going to Finch," I say. He goes quiet, almost shocked, "Is that a bad thing?" I ask while laughing.

His face just expands into a big smile, "Finch? Like, Finch College in Massachusetts?" He asks again.

"Yeah Jere, Finch College," I start to laugh, what is he getting at?

"Stop, no fucking way, I'm going there too!" I just smile and kiss him more.

"I guess that's what happens when we don't talk for a while."

"I'm excited for school now," I say. I never have to be separated from him again.

~

I start to clean the empty house up a bit when I see Jere chilling in his room.

"Whatcha' doing?" I ask him.

"I'm just waiting for Belly and Conrad to be back with the booze."

"Where did Cam and Skye go?"

"To get his DJ stuff."

"Where are Steven and Taylor?"

"They went to get everyone clothes."

"Clothes?" I asked confused.

"We have to dress up Laur, I mean, it's a party!" Jere says again.

I smile at him and kiss him more, "I've missed this," I whisper in his ear.

"I mean... we're home alone..." He suggests.

"That is true..."

"I have an idea!" I yell, "Follow me!'

I grab his hand as we climb down the stairs and extend to the backyard.

"What's your idea?" He asks as we approach the pool.

"You always fall for my tricks," With that, I push him into the pool.

He swims up to the surface, "How does this always happen to me?" He asks.

I crouch down and lean over, "I don't know!" I say as I jump in.

We find each other underwater and start to kiss. He moves his hands up and down my thighs, eventually picking me up on the butt.

We get interrupted by a cough, it's Belly and Conrad.

"We got all the booze and stuff," Conrad says.

Jere and I just laugh.

"Go get ready Laur!" Belly yells at me.

I roll my eyes as I get out of the pool soaking wet in my clothes.

"I'm going to go shower," I say to Jeremiah.

"This time, I have an idea," He says, winking at me.

(A/N MATURE CONTENT)

I smirk and we both run to the bathroom. We lock the door and start the water. We both strip each other's clothes off leaving us naked. It's not the first time I've seen him naked, obviously, but still, I blush every time.

We get beneath the water and start to shower one another off. I hug him from behind as he rinses off his shampoo.

"You're going to get soap in your eyes," He says to me.

"I don't care, I need to make up for lost time."

I kiss him on his back and I feel him jump up a little with every peck.

"You make me so nervous Lauren," He says to me.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah... I just don't want to mess it up with you again."

I turn his face towards me, "You won't, I won't let it happen," I laugh and put our heads together.

~

After my steamy shower with Jere, Belly brings me my outfit. She had bought me a yellow crop top with black stitching, 'LOS ANGELES,' on the front. To match it she got me overalls. It may be different from what she and Taylor were wearing but I honestly loved it, it was much more me.

I change and do my makeup, I keep it to warm tones but give myself a fun eyeliner to pair it with. To complete the outfit I put my rings on and a pair of golden hoops. I dug through my bag to find my locket but I knew I left it at home. I mean, I came to Cousins to help Conrad through grief, I never would have thought it would become such a psychedelic journey.

Everything is ready.

We are having this party.

I don't usually like parties, but I am going to have fun, fun for Sussanah.