estrellas~chapter 15

(A/N FLASHBACKS ARE IN ITALICS)

We called every night, it practically became a routine.

"Have you thought about what colleges you're applying to Jere?"

"Not yet, I still have time, it's only September."

"True, how's football going? Susannah wants me to come out and see you play."

He clears his throat over Facetime.

"You good?" I ask and laugh.

Out of nowhere, I hear the song You're the One that I Want from Grease start to play on his side of the phone, and I start cracking up.

"Jere? What's going on?"

"Lauren Eva Conklin," He grabs a homemade HOCO sign that says, 'YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT! WILL YOU GO TO HOCO WITH ME?'

Then he appears in the frame wearing a Leather Jacket and he starts to dance.

"Jeremiah Adam Fisher, are you asking me to Hoco?" I say giggling.

"So?" He says.

"Of course! I would love to!" I blow him kisses through the phone.

~

It's close to two in the morning when my phone goes off.

It brought me into a reality check, all I did that night was binge all of the Twilight movies and cry whenever I saw Edward. God, Edward is so hot.

I grab my phone and see who is calling me. I never answer this late at night but I felt an urgency to. So, I clicked accept.

Someone on the other line was breathing, I remained quiet.

"I need help," His voice said.

~

"Have you picked out your dress yet?" Jere asked.

"I'm going shopping this weekend with my Mom so I'm gonna' get it then."

"My Mom is so excited to see you, she wants to help with your hair and makeup," He does a funny pose, "Girl things."

"Shut up, I know you're excited to see me all glammed out."

~

"Conrad?" I ask, "What's going on man?" I sit up worried.

"Everything's fucked... I have to go to Cousins... Fuck!" He yelled.

"What's going on Connie?"

"Can I please come get you? I need someone, Laur... I need you right now."

"It's two in the morning, it's a five-hour drive from Brown."

"I'm already here." He sounded anxious, like a lost puppy dog, "Please... please come to Cousins with me I can't do it alone."

"Umm..." I look outside and see that Steven and Belly aren't home, "Yeah, um, just give me a second okay?"

I packed a bag with things I would need for a few nights. I crept down my stairs and locked the front door behind me. There he was, sitting in my driveway.

I open the passenger door and I see a blank Conrad, no emotion.

I go to give him a side hug, "Hey Connie.."

"Hey Laur," his eyes are dry, he's been crying.

He pulls out of my driveway.

Cousins, here we come.