estrellas~chapter 46

I only had one day left as a 'free' woman.

The time between when he proposed and now went as fast as a blink of an eye.

A few years ago all of us were still playing outside and now I'm getting married in that same backyard.

It had been a few weeks since invitations had been sent out and everyone important had replied and agreed to come.

Taylor was ecstatic, however. I never was super close with her but she was pleased to be invited to a wedding, almost every day she texted Belly and me about the details.

I was reading a book in the living room when Jeremiah, Belly, and Conrad came in, all looking very suspicious. We had dinner a few hours before and they were acting weird then, so I had my guard up. I raised my eyebrow and asked them what they were up to.

"So," Belly begins, "We have an early Wedding present for you."

I perked up in my chair and looked at Jeremiah more suspiciously, "It's still a day away, you don't have to give me anything."

"You'll like this present," Jeremiah assured me.

"So, we know that neither of you are super religious," Belly said and I nodded my head, "And you've been having a hard time finding an officiant for the ceremony..."

"So..." Conrad chips in, "I applied for my certificate and I officially am an Officiant, I can Officiate the wedding!" He says happily.

My smile starts to beam, this is such a surprise and honestly such a help. Conrad and I have always been close and I wouldn't want it any other way than for him to run the ceremony.

I jump up and go to hug them all, "Oh my god thank you guys!"

"Anything for our Laur-Laur," Conrad says.

I laugh at him and go to hug them all once more.

"I love you all so much," I say one last time, "Thank you all for being here."

Steven walks in and Taylor is on his arm, "Ahh! Congrats girl!" She has a bunch of balloons in her hand, the only thing off is that they are boy or girl balloons, "I didn't know what gender so I got both!" She says cheerily.

My face drops and Jeremiah stops my jaw from dropping.

Conrad speaks up and says, "She's not pregnant."

Taylor hits Steven on the arm, "You didn't stop me from buying the balloons!" She lectured him.

Steven started to die laughing and I started to as well, "Do I look pregnant?" I joked.

"You are glowing," Jeremiah says, I roll my eyes at him.

Belly and Conrad ran off somewhere for some more wedding preparation and Steven and Taylor probably left for hanky-panky time.

It was just Jere and I left, I took a loud breath, "Are you nervous at all?" I ask him.

"A little bit, but I know it'll be okay because you'll be up there with me."

I pulled him onto the couch and kissed him. He flipped us over so I was laying on top of him. I rested my head against his chest and listened to his heartbeat. Without us having the official paper saying we were married it already felt like he was mine.

"When does Rory get here?" He said, interrupting my inner monologue.

"Tomorrow, with everyone else," I answer back, "Would you like me to iron your shirt?" I ask him.

"Nah, Laurel already did," He says.

"I'm excited to see everyone," I say.

"Me too, especially Skye, we haven't seen them since last year."

"Are they still with Cam Cameron?" I ask.

"I don't know," Jeremiah says while looking up, "Maybe sparks will fly again?"

I chuckle, "Hopefully, they were such a fun pair."

He brushed his fingers through my hair, "I'm going to tear up that dance floor," He said.

"Speaking of the dance floor," I begin, "Let's practice our dance."

I jump up from him and pull on his arm, "Come on, we need to make it perfect!" I say.

He gets up and we begin to practice, it's going great until he tackles me back on the couch.

"Jere!" I complain as he holds me down.

"Cuddle now, dance later," He says while still on top of me.

I move my hands around his neck and I fiddle with my rings, "Will you sleep in my room tonight?" I ask him quietly.

"Of course Laur," He says and then looks me in the eyes, "But isn't that against the rules?"

I shrug, "I don't care about rules." I wrap my entire body around him.

"Only a few more hours and my nerves will be settled," I say.

He rubs his hands along my arm and kisses my neck. I laugh and say, "No hickeys, Belly would kill you if her mannequin is ruined."

He chuckles and lightly continues to press his lips along my neck and collarbone.

I move his face near mine and whisper in his ear, "This would be easier if we were upstairs," I suggest.

Jere's eyes open wide, "I promised to go to bed next to you, I don't know if I could control myself," He says.

I lean in and whisper again, "I never asked you to control yourself."

Jeremiah takes the hint and picks me up off the couch, I laugh as he carries me to his room.

He throws me on the bed and shuts the door behind him while starting to undress himself. I pull him on the bed with me as we both seem to lose our clothes.

Unlike most little kids, I never dreamed of a traditional wedding, I wanted to just be surrounded by the people I love and celebrate how we wanted to.

I'm sure my ancestors are screaming since I wasn't a virgin and my partner and I slept together the night before the big day but I couldn't care less. This was my story and I planned to write it how I wanted to.