estrellas~chapter 11

Our first dance practice is going well, probably because Conrad already knows all of the dances before having taken Nicole to the ball.

I was zoned out for most of the time anyway but all of a sudden the music changed up.

I look over my shoulder and see a shirtless Jeremiah dancing with Belly.

He makes his way over to me and I can't help but smile. I notice that Conrad is now giving me glares but I don't care. Jeremiah is like my sun, my entire world revolves around it.

Eventually, Paige shuts the whole shebang down and Jere whispers in my ear, "Good moves Laur." He walks out and winks at me.

I start to dance with Conrad again and it is just as awkward as before. We don't even look at one another. Perhaps its from the lack of chemistry or me dreaming he was Jere. 

After dance practice, Conrad drives Belly and me home. We drive in silence. So different compared to Jeremiah and I's car rides. I look out the window and take in the fresh breeze blowing through my hair. Car rides in Cousins always hit differently. 

~

Connie and I decided to practice more in the living. I overheard from the kitchen that Belly finally asked Cam Cameron to be her escort. Finally, that is all I thought.

"You still want me to take you, right?" Connie asks me.

"Uh, yeah, I just.." He cuts me off, "You wish Jeremiah was taking you, don't you."

I look to the ground and remain silent.

"Don't," Conrad says.

I look up at him confused. How could I not wish that my lifetime crush was taking me?

"Don't pretend you don't feel this connection between us."

What connection, is all I thought.

I try to back away but he keeps our hands intertwined.

"You deserve better." Conrad pulls me closer to him.

"No," I pushed him off, "What about Nicole?"

He makes a face, it fuels me with more rage.

"Why are you treating everyone like such dogshit Conrad? First, you fucking quit football, then push everyone away, you treat Jeremiah like shit, you ignore Steven, you torment Belly, you're playing Nicole, and now you're trying to seduce me? What the fu..?"

I'm cut off by Conrad's lips touching mine. I'm frozen in shock.

I pull him off me and slap him hard across the face.

"Fuck you," I yell at him.

I run out of the living room and I see Jeremiah and Belly glare at me.

"Need some chapstick?" Jeremiah asks me.

I feel my heart shatter.

"What?" I say angrily.

He scoffs, "Nothing."

I scoff and run away up to my room. How dare he ask me that? I didn't want Conrad to kiss me I wanted Jeremiah. 

I throw myself on my bed and my sheets smell of the saltiness from the ocean. 

Why did everything have to remind me of Jeremiah? 

~

I'm lying restlessly and I decide to go for a night swim. I change into a boring one piece and I make my way downstairs.

I approach the back door and through the window, I see Jeremiah in the pool already. Weird, I thought, he hates swimming by himself. Then I see it. I see her. I see them.

(A/N START PLAYING ARE WE STILL FRIENDS BY TYLER THE CREATOR, 2:36 minutes in)

What.

The.

Fuck.

Jeremiah, my Jeremiah, is kissing Belly, Conrad's Belly! Or better yet, Cameron's Belly.

I'm frozen with pain.

I feel tears start to pour out of my eyes and all I do is run. That's all I can do anyway.

Are we still friends?