estrellas~chapter 14

(A/N FLASHBACKS ARE IN ITALICS)

Belly and I were both lying next to the pool. Out of nowhere, we hear the Fisher boys, our boys. Jeremiah joins me on the chair and kisses me. He drips his wet ocean hair on my face as he leans closer to me.

"You're back," I say.

"Of course, I missed your lips."

I smile and see Susannah walking over to us.

"Both of my girls, and both of my boys, the perfect pairs," She flashes a big smile.

Steven shakes me awake.

"Wake up Lauren." He says.

I rub my eyes and realize that I fell asleep during my last class of High School. I was finally free of my four-year sentence.

This is the first year where I am not counting down the minutes until summer. To be frank, I couldn't wait for summer to end.

Jeremiah and I weren't together anymore, and Susannah was dead. Nothing would ever be the same again.

~

"This almost doesn't feel real," I say to him as we walk back to the house from the beach.

"How about now?" He answers back and kisses me.

"I can't stop smiling," I say with a giggle.

"You have the prettiest smile, Laur," He says.

Even though we are together I still can't help but blush.

I stop and hug him, "I wish we figured this out sooner," I say, "It's the end of the summer..." I look up at him.

"So?" He begins, "We'll make it work, Laur, don't worry." He kisses my forehead and I hug him tighter.

~

I went to my locker and dumped everything into my backpack. I spot Belly and Taylor so I walk over to them. Then Steven and his friends are coming to us.

"High school is over, bitches!" Steven said while running down the hall.

"You're such a clown, Steven," Belly said.

"Hey, if I were going to Princeton, I'd be screaming about it, too, I answered back.

"Thank you, Lauren, but Finch is cool too." He said.

"What time's the grad party tomorrow?" some guy asked.

"The band comes on at 10:00. I'm dating the singer," Taylor answered.

I stop listening and just completely zone out.

"Lauren! What are you going to wear tomorrow?" Taylor asks.

Over the past year, Taylor and I have become closer. Before shit went down, Belly and I practically never left one another's side, but that has changed recently.

"Oh... um... I don't think I'm going," I say.

She and Steven looked shocked, "You can't not go to your own Grad Party." Steven says.

I shrug my shoulders and look at Belly, she tries to give me a slight smile but the College counselor pulls her into her office.

~

It was the last night of summer. Jeremiah and I had a 'sleepover' in my bed, we stayed up all night just talking, like the old days.

"I did some research on the trial my mom agreed to. And, Lauren, I'm feeling hopeful."