car picnics (l.h)

"Pass me the basket!" Luke yelled.

He was currently setting up the trunk of his car for our mini date. We'd been doing car picnics since we were 16 when we both got our licenses. Now we've been dating for 4 years, yet this never gets old.

I handed him the basket along with the snacks and drinks. I hopped out the car and jumped into the trunk. He had already put down the blanket and my laptop was already set up, ready to play a movie of our choice.

"Do you think we're a little too old to still keep doing this?" I asked, cuddling up to him.

He chuckled, "We're 20. We aren't too old for anything."

"True."

We got comfortable before I pulled the laptop in closer, typing in the name of the movie we had watched a billion times already.

"Tangled? Again?" He groaned jokingly. I knew he enjoyed this movie as much as I do.

I nodded, "Yes."

As the movie started, we ate and enjoyed each other's company. We could be old and decaying yet I'd still want to be in this same spot.

The first song had started to play and I sang along. What I didn't expect was for Luke to start singing with me.

"Since when do you know the words?" I laughed, turning to look at him.

He looked at me, "Are you kidding? I've known the words since the first time you made me watch this!"

I smirked at him, "Oh my gosh it's like you have a crush on me or something.

He laughed and rolled his eyes, his grip around my waist tightening, "Shut up."

We shared a laugh before he leaned in to place a small kiss on my cheek.

~~~

The movie ended shortly after. I turned my head around to look at Luke. His eyes were closed and his mouth was slightly open.

No thoughts went through my head before I stuck my finger in between his lips. This cut off his breathing, causing his eyes to shoot open.

I tried to hold in my laughter, but as soon as I saw his shocked expression I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Sorry! I'm sorry!" I said, trying to stop laughing.

He didn't say anything and gently smacked my arm.

I calmed down after a bit, "Sorry."

"It's fine. That was pretty funny." He replied, smiling.

He pulled me in closer, my head was on his chest. I looked up at him. The sunlight was glowing gently on his face. He noticed me staring and looked down at me.

A smile grew on his face yet again, a faint red tint appearing on his cheeks.

"What?" He chuckled.

I shook my head, "Nothing. I just don't know how I got so lucky."

He scoffed, "I'm the lucky one. You're everything I've wanted and more."

The sun was starting to set, so no more words were spoken as we tried to enjoy the beautiful view. But, I just couldn't help myself.

My hands cupped around his face as I lent up to kiss him. He immediately returned the kiss, his hand finding its way to my hair.

We pulled away after a bit and he was the first to speak.

"I'm the luckiest man alive." 

short, sweet, and cute! I know I said to expect some spam but holy crap I couldn't think of anything to write about. I have 12 imagines under editing right now so I promise those will be out soon

hope you enjoyed anyway!!

(would you guys like instagram type imagines? like with the pictures?)

<3, J