valentines (j.h)

The familiar sound of Dierks Bentley pulled into the driveway. My head perked up from the couch leading me to stand up and head over to the door.

I opened the door to see Jack hauling his hockey bags towards the door. He picked his head up and his face lit up.

"Hey! You look... comfortable." He chuckled.

Seeing as I was wearing baggy pajama pants and one of his hoodies, I didn't even need to sense the sarcasm in his voice.

I smiled whilst raising my eyebrows, "Thanks."

He set one of his bags down so he could wrap an arm around my waist. He pulled me closer to him and placed a kiss on my lips which I gladly returned.

"How was your flight?" I asked as I pulled away.

He gave me a small smile, "It was fine. You'd think I'd be used to jet lag by now."

His eyes flickered towards our front door, indicating he wanted to go inside. I picked up one of his bags and tried my best to carry it inside. He laughed at my struggle as he carried the other 2 bags with ease.

I managed to get the bag as far as the front steps of our stairs before giving up. He set his bags down and sat next to me on the step. He placed his arm around my shoulder and kissed the top of my head. I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"Thanks for the help, macho man." He laughed.

He could tell I was tired by the small laugh and lack of words that came out my mouth. He pulled out his phone and snapped a picture of me. The light of his phone made me open my eyes. I groaned as soon as I saw the image.

"I look terrible." I whispered.

"Yeah, kinda." He laughed, causing me to fully open my eyes.

We laughed together before he checked the time. I don't know what came up on his phone that caused him to have a surprised look on his face, but it made me curious.

"What?"

He immediately shook his head, "Nothing! It's just late, we should get to bed."

The way he answered the question made me concerned, but I was too tired to care. I slowly stood up and headed upstairs. I fell onto our bed and got under the blankets as fast as I could. I was pretty much half asleep when Jack walked into the room.

"Ten should be fine, thank you." He said, hanging up his phone.

I turned my body to face him, "Who was that?"

"No one. Just be up early tomorrow."

My eyebrows furrowed, "Why?"

He took off his shirt before he got under the blankets with me and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. I rested my head on his bare chest, his warmth making me even more tired.

~~~

My eyes flickered open to the feeling of Jack moving out from under me. I made a noise and wrapped my arms around him, urging him to stay.

"Babe, I need to pee." He chuckled, his morning voice very prominent.

I groaned and rolled on top of him, "No."

He sighed and gave up, placing his hands on my lower back. We stayed like that for a while until he started squirming uncomfortably. I made a noise and rolled off of him.

"Thank you." He said quickly before running to the bathroom.

I let out a small laugh before sitting up, letting my bedhead fall all over my face. My eyes were focused on a spot on the wall, trying to wake up.