yearlong kiss (q.h)

Quinn and I decided to stay in this New Year's Eve. Neither of us wanted to go out so it worked out perfectly.

"Pizza should be here in 20. Did you want anything else?" he asked

I shook my head, "No thanks. But can I make a request?"

He walked over to the couch, lifting my legs and sitting down under them, "Should I be worried?"

"No, I was just thinking we could bake cookies or something." I laughed.

I sat up, wrapping my arms around him. If I could stay here forever I would.

He placed one of his hands on my lower back before he answered, "Last time we tried to bake something we ended up covered in flour and eggs."

We both laughed at the memory. Last month, we tried to make a cake for my friend's birthday. Let's just say we ended up getting her store-bought cake.

"Please?" I urged.

Sighing, he shook his head yes. He placed a quick kiss on my forehead before standing up.

As we made our way to the kitchen, I admired my boyfriend in all his glory. The way his brown hair fell on his forehead a bit. The way his eyes met mine, causing him to smile every time.
It was reassuring to know he loved me as much as I loved him.

"See something you like?" he smirked, noticing my staring.

I smiled at him before wrapping my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest.

"Yeah. How are you so handsome?"

His chest rose up and down as he laughed, "You aren't so bad yourself."

I looked up at him, he was leaning in to kiss me. I gladly accepted and leaned in, closing the gap between our lips.

We pulled away after a moment, our eyes maintaining contact.

"I love you more than anything else in this world." he spoke.

"Even hockey?" I smirked

He let out a light chuckle, "Well..."

I let out a dramatic gasp, pushing him away from me. "Oh wow!"

He pulled me back towards him, spinning me around in our kitchen, "I'm messing with you. Of course I love you more than hockey."

I placed a peck on his lips before focusing on what we came here to do.

Bake cookies.

~~~

"Quinn I swear if you throw that at me."

He was holding up an egg, pointing it in my direction. He pointed at his hair, covered in flour.

"Payback!" he replied, getting ready to throw the egg.

I put my hands up, "Okay! I'm sorry!"

"Are you really?"

Nodding my head frantically, I slowly stepped towards him. He grabbed my waist pulling me into him.

While I thought we were going to have a romantic moment yet again, he smashed the egg on the top of my head.

"Quinn!" I squealed, suddenly very uncomfortable.

He laughed, "Okay now we're even! No more throwing shit at each other."

Eventually I laughed with him, his laugh was incredibly intoxicating.

As I headed up to our bathroom to wash my hair, I heard the doorbell ring.

The running water muffled the conversation downstairs.
I finished up quickly and walked back down the stairs.

The wonderful smell of pizza spread around our kitchen. Quinn had already set the plates out, pouring himself a glass of wine.

"Oh, we're drinking tonight?" I inquired.

He shrugged his shoulders, "You don't have to if you don't want to. I don't plan on drinking much."

I grabbed another wine glass from the cabinet, setting it next to his.

"Pour me one, will you? I need all the wine I can get if we're gonna finish these cookies."

"Or... We could not make the cookies and just sit and eat while we wait for the ball to drop?"

I smiled at him, "I think I like that idea better."

We walked back to our living room, leaving the mess on the counter for next year.

As we ate our food and talked about all the things we hoped to accomplish in the new year, I realized how much I admired Quinn.

He talked about how he hoped to be able to keep going down the path he's on. He was one, if not the most, successful defenseman in the NHL right now. And he 100% deserved it.

"Being the oldest sibling is a lot of responsibility, because you're the role model. The amount of effort I've put in to be a good example for my brothers is insane. I just hope they're proud of me." he spoke.

Setting down my drink and plate, I scooted to sit next to him.

"They're proud of you. Trust me. Everyone is." I told him.

He gave me a loving smile before he wrapped his arms around me.

Before we could speak again, we heard voices counting down the seconds before the new year.

We joined in for a few seconds before Quinn grabbed my face, making me face him.

"I love you, Y/n."

He closed the gap between us, the sounds of cheering and the words 'Happy New Year' becoming muffled in the background.

I pulled away, my hands resting on his face.

"I love you too, Quinn."

Here's to many more years with the love of my life.

happy new year! i hope it's a good one for you guys 🤍

hope you enjoyed this one !

<3, J