jealous pt.2 (l.h)

I went over to the Hughes's the next day. After Quinn forced a confession out of me, I've been trying my best to avoid Luke. Which was easy because he was still with Hayley.

"Okay. So we found out Hayley is only using Luke to go to prom." Jack told me.

My eyebrows furrowed, "She's a senior though. She can go alone."

Quinn nodded, "That's the thing. She can't find a date and she doesn't want to go alone.

"Poor Luke." I said.

They both looked at each other and then back at me.

"How can you still say that even after the way he treated you?" Quinn asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. Sure I was mad at Luke, but he was still my friend. And it wasn't his fault he liked Hayley.

Jack laughed at his brother, "You forget she's a better person than us."

After some more chatting, I felt a lot better. I grew up with these boys, yet everyday they felt more and more like brothers to me.

Then Luke walked in.

"Hey. What's going on here?" he asked.

Jack got up and started pushing him gently out the room, "Get out of here, man. Go talk to Hayley or something."

Luke scoffed at him, "Actually, I came to talk to her."

He pointed at me, then looked back at Jack.

"Oh. Alright." He said, walking out.

Quinn lightly gripped my shoulder, "Good luck."

Luke came in and sat down next to me on the bed, "So... how much shit did you talk about me?"

I laughed, "None, actually."

"I find that hard to believe. I've been an ass. And I really am sorry. Not just for the project, but for everything."

He finished his apology, and grabbed my hand. I pulled away from his touch.

"Thank you for apologizing. But..." I got up, standing in front of him, "There's something you should know."

"What's up?"

Taking a deep breath, I spoke, "Hayley doesn't like you. She's using you for prom."

Luke tilted his head, "What? Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

He stood up, his tall figure towering over me, "I just apologized to you and you're still trying to ruin shit for me!"

"Are you serious? I'm just trying to look out for you!"

This guy is ridiculous.

He scoffed, "No you aren't. You're just jealous."

Before I knew what I was doing, I slapped him.

"What's going on in here?" Ellen asked, walking into the room.

"Your son's an ass." I said, walking out the room.

~~~

2 months later.

Luke and I hadn't spoken for a while now. He was dating Hayley, and I just looked like the jealous girl best friend.

Good thing was, Jack and I were as close as ever. Quinn was off in college, but we still kept in touch.

Jack was currently taking some days off from hockey. He'd recently been drafted but that didn't stop him from coming back home.

"So, how have things been with Luke? He told us you slapped him."