lake day (l.h)

"I've never really played before."

Luke was trying to get me to play a game of pool with him. But a quick look at the scoreboard in their lake house quickly demotivated me.

He gently poked me with his pool stick, "C'mon! I'll go easy"

I sighed, "Fine! One game."

"Let's make it a little more fun," He said, walking over to me. "If I win, you make me breakfast for a week."

My jaw dropped slightly, "You leave at 6 a.m. everyday!"

He laughed, "If you win, I'll take you shopping. No budget."

This was a very convincing deal.

"Deal." I said, sticking my hand out for him to shake.

He let out a soft laugh, but he shook my hand before bringing it up to his lips to kiss.

I walked over to the wall, grabbing a spare stick they had. Considering all 3 Hughes Brothers were taller than me, the stick was pretty big.

Luke smiled at me as I walked over and stood next to him.

"You wanna start?" He asked.

"Why not."

Bringing the tip of the stick in between my fingers, I pulled it back and hit the white ball towards the triangle. It was a decent hit, spreading the balls out a good bit.

Luke's face turned into a focused one, positioning his stick to try and hit the solid '7'. To no one's surprise, he got it in. Then another one. And another.

As he went to hit the solid '4', he got it in, but also hit in the 8 ball. His hand ran through his hair as his mouth fell wide open.

"No fucking way."

I didn't say anything as I walked around the table to him. My arms wrapped around him from behind and I peaked my head around his torso.

"So... we're going shopping when we get back to Jersey?" I smirked.

He looked down at me, "Shut up."

I laughed and swayed him side to side. He tried to push me away, but he eventually sighed and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I can't believe that just happened." He whispered.

"Me neither. But I'm just so naturally talented I didn't have to do a thing."

He scoffed and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder. I gasped, trying to escape his grip, but it was no use.

"Where are we going?" I laughed.

"Boat."

We got outside and I immediately heard the boat engine running. Quinn and Jack were sitting in the seats, sipping on some sort of drink.

Luke set me down, allowing me to walk the rest of the way on my feet. His brothers picked their heads up at the sound of our shoes against the concrete.

"Hey! What's with the long face, Lukey?" Jack yelled, setting down his drink.

A cheesy smile appeared on my face as Luke looked down at me. He let out a small sigh before answering his brother.

"She beat me in pool." He mumbled.

Jack looked at Quinn, then at me. He raised an eyebrow, indicating he hadn't hurt Luke.

As we got closer, I knew Luke wouldn't repeat his previous statement. So as soon as we were getting on, I spoke.

"I beat him in pool!" I exclaimed.

Both Quinn and Jack laughed and started hitting Luke on his shoulders. He quickly swatted them away.

"Bro, how?" Quinn chuckled.

Luke mumbled something that none of us heard. We didn't want to actually make him upset, so we laughed it off and Quinn started up the boat.

I wrapped my arms around Luke as I sat next to him. He leaned his head on top of mine. His right hand fell onto my thigh and he squeezed gently.

"You don't have to take me shopping, by the way. I had fun playing." I whispered, lifting my head to lean my chin on his shoulder.

He picked his head up and kissed my forehead, "A deal's a deal. You know I don't mind."

Jack and Quinn were chatting up a storm by the driver's seats, so I placed a gentle kiss on Luke's lips. He immediately responded, placing one of his hands on my waist. I pulled away, letting my lips linger near his.

The biggest smile appeared on his face as he leaned back and wrapped one of his arms around my back.

"You're perfect, Y/n."

this is so sloppy I am so sorry 😭

I'm working on one more request right now and after that I'm gonna proof read every single one of these chapters and give the entire book a pretty makeover 😁

hope you enjoyed!!

<3, J