The Sword Thief

This is dedicated to Bluefur-x-Oakfur because he was my very first fan and the very first person to read my story! Thanks a great deal for reading this from the start! 

Garrett's P.O.V.    

“The trick to stealing is to act as if you never committed the crime", I say teaching my little sister the ways of my art. “When caught in the act simply deny it, and no one will suspect a thing.”  She nods, her chocolate brown ringlets bouncing up and down. She's ready to get on with the training, and who am I to stop her. Seeing her impatience grow I tell her to try and steal an apple from aunt Celia’s cart. 

Sauntering over to the rundown fruit stand she stops to take in her surroundings.

Mistake number one.

After looking around she loiterers in front of the cart making small talk with our plump young aunt.

            Mistake number two.

Then Just as Aunt Celia turns to help another customer she reaches down and snatches a small red apple from the stand quickly tucking it into her tattered dress. You can feel the excitement radiating off of her as she realizes what she has just done.  A huge grin suddenly erupts on her face and just as she turns to head back to me, aunt Celia catches hold of her arm.

            “What is this Mayla?  You dare steal from your own aunt?”

Mayla trembles knowing the jig is up, “ Oh! Never Aunt Celia what would make you say that?” she stutters. 

Celia, having been stolen from plenty of times, gives her a withering look. Mayla has guilt written all over her face and the aunt knows her niece to well to not suspect anything.

            “Give it here.” 

“Aunt Celia! What’s my little sister up to now?” I ask with a cheerful grin on my face.

Without shifting her glance from Mayla she replies “Your little sister here has stolen my apple. You would do well to warn her what happens to thieves.”

 Grinning wildly I oblige to my aunts request. “ Oh Mayla, if what Aunt Celia’s says is true, you must face the punishment. First they’ll put you in a dungeon full of rats that constantly nibble at your feet", I tell her making mice noises. "Then they’ll take you to the cellar where the royal dragon lives. If he likes you he may spare you, but if not. Most likely not I add, then you will be burnt into a delectable roast peasant child”, I finish pretending to be the dragon finishing a most satisfying meal.

“That’s a lie!” she yells no longer feeling scared, but embarrassed by the snickering she's hearing from Celia.

“Oh is it?” I reply, hearing Celia’s laughter nearing hysterics.

“Yes, but of course it is! Why in blazes would the castle waste a dragon on thieves when wolves could do the job!” Mayla asks a very serious expression on her face,

The expression sends Celia into a fresh round of laughter. 

“Hmmm I’m pretty sure that’s how it went. Well no matter, come let’s ask mother if she still remembers the story” I say grabbing Mayla’s hand and politely dismissing my aunt who is laughing too much to reply.

Mayla, being only eleven years old, can't comprehend that, I, her older brother, have just saved her from a brutal spanking and lecture on the wrongs of stealing, and she continues to blabber on about how unbelievable my story had been.

But once she does realize this, she suddenly stops in her tracks, making me bump into her.

“Watch it”, I murmur trying to keep walking only to be cut off by Mayla.

Pursing her lips she glares at me, then reaches for the pocket of her dress. To her surprise the apple is still there. Sighing she lifts it and ponders how exactly I had gotten away with it. With a smirk on my face I snatch the apple and take a large bite out of it before tossing it back to Mayla.

“Didn’t think you were going to keep it, did you?” I say obnoxiously chewing. 

************************************************************************************************************

 OK! this is the first story i have ever put up for people to see, so im kind of excited to see how things will turn out! Anyway i have already pre-written most of it, so I'll probably upload every two to three days. And the story is kind of made up of P.O.V's so i hope this doesn't bug people. And now i have nothing else to say..... ._. good bye. Oh. By the that's MA FAVORITE FACE! ._. luvvin it, i'll probably use that a lot through out this thing. And please Give the story a chance! I PROMISE it get's better!