Chapter 26: Think like Holmes

HI :) :) :) 

I’VE BEEN WRITING LOTS OF CHAPTERS SO BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR MORE UPDATES :) Also please vote and comment on the chapters it’ll mean a lot to me for me to see how I’m doing thanks :) 

Haha so this chapter is dedicated to... 

viccarter1:) Another fan that I appreciate the support from :) Thank you so much it truly means a lot to me! Also really dedicated to the story and been commenting on every chapter I really appreciate the support :) 

READ ON CHILDREN :) READ LIKE NO TOMORROW 

---------------------------------------------------

Re-Cap of Chapter 25: Signed Released 

“The beach? You don’t want to go home?”

“Home will always be there, but I wouldn’t want to pass up a chance to watch the beautiful California sunset with you.” 

I loved his way of words.

He grabbed his bag, while I led him toward my car, and we went to the beach to watch the California sunset. I guess he was right about the fact that home was always going to be there, but watching the sunset with Tyler’s arms wrapped around me, and his chin rested on head was just an one in a million opportunity.

Chapter 26: Think like Holmes  

“Hey Carmela? Could I talk to you?”

“Sure Mr. Rosen, what’s up?” 

“Well I just wanted to make sure that you’re okay? I heard about the incident at your locker a couple weeks ago, and then when Tyler got shot. I just wanted to make sure that you weren’t over stressing yourself.” I smiled at Mr. Rosen’s caring father-like figure, he may be just a teacher, but he was by far one of the best teacher’s and I trust him with my life.

“I’m fine Mr. Rosen, thank you so much for your concern.”

“No need to thank me Carmela, I just was getting really worried about you.” 

“It’s okay Mr. Rosen, don’t be worried about me. How is work?” I didn’t need him prying any further into my private life and changing the topic would be the best idea. 

“Good. Although, I was just telling a student that they had 3 warnings before they would have to come talk to me about speaking out in class, then there was this new P.E. teacher that was playing cat and mouse with me, and then I was running around like a lap dog for the principal. However, all in all it was a good week.” I couldn’t help but giggle at the things that he had to go through this week, it made my job as a student seem so much more inferior. 

“Oh, well it’s okay it’ll probably get better next week. Well, I’d love to talk more, but I need to get to my next class before I get in trouble.” 

“Okay I wouldn’t want you to get in trouble, here I’ll write you a letter to get you out of any trouble.” I watched him scribble a quick letter on one his original letterheads, ripped it off, and handed it to me. I thanked him and bolted out of his class, racing towards English. 

I was about half way there when something stopped me, the way Mr. Rosen said those things had reminded me of the letters that Bloody S had written. 3 warnings, lap dog, cat and mouse they all had been phrases that Bloody S had inscribed in her letters. Sure those phrases were commonly said by lots of people, but there was just something about the way he said them, how his voice got slightly darker, slightly deeper when he mentioned each of those words. I quickly glanced at his letter and almost fainted, 

Hello, 

Please excuse Carmela McCartney tardiness, she was talking to me about some musical pieces that she could use to boost her repertoire. 

S Rosen xoxo”

I nearly lost my footing and fell to the ground. Everything from the penmanship, the singular capital “s”, and the two “xoxo” mimicked Bloody S’s letter’s exactly. I felt shivers run up and down my spine as I suddenly noticed how alone I was in the hallway, it was perfectly easy for someone to run up behind me and attacked me. I quickly made my way outside to the quad, it was a beautiful day and lots of classes had decided to teach outside, so I thought that was the perfect place to finally solve this mystery once and for all, but also not get myself killed. I should be going to English, but when I was this close to figure out who was killing me I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. 

I walked outside and sat down on the far back table, all the letters rustling around in my backpack as I gripped onto Mr. Rosen’s letter. I pulled out a couple of different letters from Bloody S, making sure that I wasn’t drawing myself any attention from the rest of the students. I piled each letter on top of each other and watched the similarities unfold. 

Could Bloody S actually be a he? Not a she? 

The way he crossed his t’s, dotted his i’s, curved his e’s had made Mr. Rosen the undeniable suspect, but then I pulled out the letter from my mystery friend. He said that the person that was after me was a friend, I mean as much as I valued Mr. Rosen as a wonderful teacher and role model figure but he wasn’t a friend. 

“Hey.” I looked up to see Lea standing before me, I quickly covered the letters with my arms, shuffling them around, and quickly placing them back into my backpack. I saw her eyes slightly glance over the letters, but I collected them fast enough that she couldn’t catch anything significant. My mind ran over all the possible reasons why she was approaching me with a smile on her face, I could instantly tell that she had something to hide and thanks to Tyler’s tips I placed a welcoming smile on my lips and returned her greeting. 

“Hey Lea, what’s up?” 

“Well, I just--I haven’t talked to you in awhile and I was just wondering if you were upset with me or something? Did I do something wrong?” 

“No, of course not. I assumed that you were busy and that you didn’t have time to talk to me. Why the sudden urge to chat?” 

“I was just wondering how you and Tyler were going? I mean I heard that he got shot in the abdomen.” My body froze as I head the word abdomen ring around my ears, suddenly the air around me got very cold and I looked at Lea with suspicion. 

“Oh yeah he did--wait, how did you know he was shot in the abdomen?” I watched her eyes slightly show panic and fear. 

“I--I--I heard around the school that he got shot in the abdomen.” 

“Oh, oh I didn’t know that they released that information. Well thanks for coming up to talk to me, but I just need some time to be alone.” 

“Yeah, yeah okay. Bye!” 

“Bye.” I watched her walk away and knew that something was fishy. When the secretary had come up to talk to me about Tyler’s shooting she had ensured me that no other student would know about the position of where he was shot, of course they would know he would be shot, because they needed to notify the school of the new safety policies. But when Lea confronted me about his shooting and knowing the exact position of where she was shot, I felt the shivers run up my spine. 

I had two suspects. 

Which one is the true criminal? 

----------------------------------------

Don’t forget to send me any Banners/Covers that you want me to show :) 

Herro :)

VOTE

COMMENT 

FAN

Did ya like it?

I’ve decided to keep the bottom short and sweet :) Please tell me what you think!!